iOS Version of LeafSpy Pro development discussion

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bought it. Thanks. Turned out my Apple ID was messed up and had to reset my password, but good now and it connects fine with the same wifi OBD I was using with LEAF Stat. Now just have to read up on all the new functions and figure it out.

Well.. Now I have iPhone version after using android for 8 mo. I don't have wifi Adapter yet. This is going to be really great to monitor car from in my house... Especially since I use plugless...

Could you pretty please add some notifications that pop up on top of phone To show kWh remaining at user defined intervals? Then I can run LYFT app and not have to switch back and forth between GPS, lyft and leaf spy.

It'd be nice if you made it compatible with certain jailbreak UI features. It'd be so cool if it was always up in the top portion of the screen regardless of app. You know how sometimes it will say "[app] is using your location" as a banner and it will stay there until you close the app? Something like that! :)

DNAinaGoodWay said:
My first look at my cells. Did you get a chance to do that PDF tutorial? Thanks.
file.php

Wow, that is one well-balanced pack! :cool:

DNAinaGoodWay said:
My first look at my cells. Did you get a chance to do that PDF tutorial? Thanks.
No, still adding features.

Next test version is "Waiting for Review" by Apple. Includes the following changes.

* Supports Portrait Upside Down orientation for iPhone & iTouch
* Dropbox support
* Can run in Background while connected to Leaf
* Automatically save Charge Data at end of charge
* Quick Charge graph now includes Battery Pack temperature
* Bug fixes

hillzofvalp said:
Well.. Now I have iPhone version after using android for 8 mo. I don't have wifi Adapter yet. This is going to be really great to monitor car from in my house... Especially since I use plugless...

Could you pretty please add some notifications that pop up on top of phone To show kWh remaining at user defined intervals? Then I can run LYFT app and not have to switch back and forth between GPS, lyft and leaf spy.

It'd be nice if you made it compatible with certain jailbreak UI features. It'd be so cool if it was always up in the top portion of the screen regardless of app. You know how sometimes it will say "[app] is using your location" as a banner and it will stay there until you close the app? Something like that! :)
If making it compatible with the jailbreak UI uses new APIs that could be a problem. Any use of unauthorized APIs will cause the app to be rejected by Apple. That is the first thing they check when I upload the binary file.

I just got the app running in the background but I have not yet found a way to surface information to the screen while in the background. The app can send to Dropbox in the background.

But if support is added to B4i it might be possible in the future to display information on your new iWatch ;-)

Turbo3 said:
DNAinaGoodWay said:
No, still adding features.

Next test version is "Waiting for Review" by Apple. Includes the following changes.

* Supports Portrait Upside Down orientation for iPhone & iTouch
* Dropbox support
* Can run in Background while connected to Leaf
* Automatically save Charge Data at end of charge
* Quick Charge graph now includes Battery Pack temperature
* Bug fixes

No worries. I'll keep reading through the threads and help screens and sort it all out eventually. Like it very much. Nice to be able to set my avg m/kWh for DTE.

Seems there's some variation in how the pack looks depending on what scale I choose. Why are there so may scale levels?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    168.4 KB · Views: 39
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    156.9 KB · Views: 39
DNAinaGoodWay said:
...Why are there so may scale levels?
It is just a change in the scale of the graph.
Don't you like options?

No, maybe not used to that with iOS.
Often iOS only allows one way, even when there should be an option like keyboard caps lock.

Nice to have options, yes, but asked to discover the purpose of them.

Is it because some packs are so out of balance that a 50 mV scale is useless and up to a 1600 mV scale is necessary?

BTW, if you double click the shift key in iOS it gives you caps lock.

DNAinaGoodWay said:
Nice to have options, yes, but asked to discover the purpose of them.

Is it because some packs are so out of balance that a 50 mV scale is useless and up to a 1600 mV scale is necessary?

When you get down to the bottom of the SOC the difference increases. There can easily be hundreds of mV difference

Ah, thank you. I'll play with that, although I don't usually get to or below LBW.

Is there a standard, some consensus on what is a normal delta and what would constitute an unacceptably unbalanced state?

DNAinaGoodWay said:
Ah, thank you. I'll play with that, although I don't usually get to or below LBW.

Is there a standard, some consensus on what is a normal delta and what would constitute an unacceptably unbalanced state?

There is a CLI test that Nissan has defined. If you go to a low SOC and put your car into park LEAFSpy will automatically perform the math and display a All Cells OK message on the module voltage display chart.

TimLee said:
DNAinaGoodWay said:
...Why are there so may scale levels?
It is just a change in the scale of the graph.
Don't you like options?

No, maybe not used to that with iOS. ...

:roll: Oh, us poor downtrodden iOS users!

tumblr_m2bof7RJkM1qkogoeo1_500.gif

Seriously, I've been in IT for nearly 40 years. I'm past the stage of needing to micro-manage every device to feel "free". A "walled garden" has some serious benefits. To each his own but in any case the graph scale is an application choice and nothing to do with the OS.

When displaying graphs, it's often the case that you want to scale one or more axes to give the best visual representation of the variability of the data.

QueenBee said:
DNAinaGoodWay said:

There is a CLI test that Nissan has defined. If you go to a low SOC and put your car into park LEAFSpy will automatically perform the math and display a All Cells OK message on the module voltage display chart.

Thanks again. I'll give that a try.

DNAinaGoodWay said:
QueenBee said:
DNAinaGoodWay said:

Thanks again. I'll give that a try.
You typically need to be below 25 Gids (VLBW active) for this test to be enabled to run in LeafSpy. This is based on Nissan's Cell Lose Inspection prerequisites as defined in the initial Service Manuals for the Leaf.

Back