Leaf 360* Tour inside and out including colors

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glacier Perl would be the white. Gotta feeling though, with that name, it could be one of those iridescent colors you sometimes see, rather than a pure white.

Think the silver, as pictured in the color sample, is a little too light for my liking. In fact, I think all the colors present darker than they are, as applied to the car renderings.

I think I'm going to go with the red now, so long as it's as shown.....a "red wine" color.

The colors shown have names like Planet Blue, Cayenne Red, Brilliant Silver, and Glacier Pearl. Does anyone know if these colors are used on other Nissan vehicles so we could actually see the color on a vehicle now by visiting a Nissan dealer?

Looks like Planet Blue is exclusive to the Leaf:

nissan_leaf_blue-795040.jpg

Juke in Cayenne Red:

nissan_juke_09.jpg

370Z in Brilliant Silver:

ak370z-albums-nissan-370z-fairlady-z-jdm-colors-nissan-japan-12-01-08-picture602-brilliant-silver.jpg

Murano in Glacier Pearl:

01.jpg

Sentra in Super Black:

30222720001_large.jpg

I guess nobody picked up on the whole global warming never heard of a glacier lame attempt at humor.

Anyway I'm a fan of that pearl white color as opposed to plain white. I understand they use ground up elephant tusks to give it that sparkly color.

LTLFTcomposite said:
I guess nobody picked up on the whole global warming never heard of a glacier lame attempt at humor.

Glacier really should have some blue streaks ... oh well. Who will know in a few years ;-)

Yes, thanks for posting the great pics of the car colors. The Juke in the Cayenne red color appears to be more of an orange red than a cherry red. I guess I better take a close look at Cayenne pepper the next time I'm at the grocery store ;)

I would like the interior color to go well with the exterior color and it seems that there isn't a definitive interior color yet. The preproduction Leaf seems to have light cream colored seats but someone on this forum said that the production Leafs will have darker, perhaps gray colored seats. So at this point I'm having a difficult time choosing an exterior color without knowing what the interior color will be. Oh well, I guess I will have to be patient and wait. :cry:

Frank said:
Yes, thanks for posting the great pics of the car colors. The Juke in the Cayenne red color appears to be more of an orange red than a cherry red.

Check your monitor calibration. Getting correct colors to display on your browser is notoriously difficult.

mwalsh said:
Changed my color.....again. Saw a Glacier Pearl Murano on the freeway this morning and decided I didn't care for it. So now I'm on boring Planet Blue.

Is there something off-putting about the shade of white, or is it just too boring? I'm googling around and it looks pretty white to me.

I saw a new Rogue yesterday and noticed the antenna was the same one that's on the Leaf.

Bicster said:
mwalsh said:
Changed my color.....again. Saw a Glacier Pearl Murano on the freeway this morning and decided I didn't care for it. So now I'm on boring Planet Blue.

Is there something off-putting about the shade of white, or is it just too boring? I'm googling around and it looks pretty white to me.

It was just that Pearl tinge that rubbed me the wrong way. I kinda new it would....I prefer a pure white.

I am still waiting until I see a Juke in the red. If it's as dark as I think (or should that be hope?) it's going to be, I might change yet again.

Bicster said:

I was behind a pearl white Rogue last night, all the way from LAX to the OC, and I now know with 100% certainty that I don't want that white. What I find so objectionable about it is that it's just not "shiny" enough (and by that I mean reflective). At least not on the car I saw, which was a 2010 and new in April from what I could tell by the tags. It wasn't dirty either....just not very shiny!

Now, admittedly, the Rogue is not quite the same pearl white (it's called 'Phantom White'), but there doesn't seem to be much in it. The Leaf (Murano) color is perhaps towards the green while Rogue color is more towards the pink? Rogue photo was from my cell phone through my windshield, so not the best quality I'm afraid. The Murano photo I pulled off the Internets:

rogue.jpg

01.jpg

Just took a trip to Sunnyvale Nissan to look at a Rogue in Cayenne Red and a Murano in Glacier Pearl (plus various 370s in Brilliant Silver which I had seen before). The red is nice, but is a bit brown like , er, cayenne pepper. The white was whiter than the Murano in this thread, at least as it shows on my monitor. In any case, it might be a good trip to make for those of you in the south bay who need to order soon...

After all of that, our final choice is the silver.

Jay

jsnable said:
Just took a trip to Sunnyvale Nissan to look at a Rogue in Cayenne Red and a Murano in Glacier Pearl (plus various 370s in Brilliant Silver which I had seen before). The red is nice, but is a bit brown like , er, cayenne pepper. The white was whiter than the Murano in this thread, at least as it shows on my monitor. In any case, it might be a good trip to make for those of you in the south bay who need to order soon...

After all of that, our final choice is the silver.

Jay

I went to a dealer close by and saw the Glacier Pearl 2010 Murano. It isn't white at all, but a light cream color with the flakes in the paint. It has a different look when you see it in the sun vs. shade. In the shade, it has a silvery look to it.

Back