Leaf Air Conditioner Condensation Hose Clogged

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

likewut

The drain hose on my 2017 Leaf keeps getting clogged or pinched. I've only had it for like 6 weeks. I'd get water pouring on my feet when I would take turns when the air conditioner was running. I took off the panel on the drivers side to get to the drain hose, took the drain hose off and a quart+ of water poured out. The rubber drain hose was completely clogged, I couldn't blow through it, so I cleaned it out with some wire and rinsed it out with a garden hose. Then two weeks later the same thing happened, and I again unclogged it, but sure enough it clogged again. The water coming out is really clear, it doesn't seem like there's gunk from the AC system clogging the drain hose.

The guy I bought it from said that he had a similar problem twice, but when he took it in they said some hose got detached. So I'm not sure if his problem was just that hose got detached from the evaporator housing, or if it got detached from something on the other end which causes it to get clogged (or pinched)?

Any insight on how to fix this permanently? I don't have jack stands to be able to work under the vehicle, but I could set something up that's sketchy and dangerous.

Back