Leaf in California this next week!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here are some photos from the event on Sunday. As noted earlier the car was not open, so the shots were taken from the exterior of the car.

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/sredir?uname=mgrigs&target=ALBUM&id=5472064432779736305&authkey=Gv1sRgCOqF47uB_LmZlwE&feat=emai

Its going through Modesto, which is where I work. I will be taking a look at it on Wednesday!

Guipo

mwalsh said:
mgrigs said:
Here are some photos from the event on Sunday. As noted earlier the car was not open, so the shots were taken from the exterior of the car.

Thanks for the pics!

Man, that is one big lump of a headlamp!

Yeah, thats what I thought when I first saw it.
DSC_0821-1.JPG

I arrived at 1:00 in the afternoon. The tent was well staffed and a company representative answered all my questions. The car looks much better in person. Worth the trip to see it in person if your schedule permits.

mgrigs said:
I arrived at 1:00 in the afternoon. The tent was well staffed and a company representative answered all my questions. The car looks much better in person. Worth the trip to see it in person if your schedule permits.

What questions did you ask? Might be helpful to us all!

mwalsh said:
leaffan said:
Can someone please post the url again for the Sweepstakes? I guess I forgot to bookmark it the other day. Thanks!

http://www.facebook.com/mastertheshift#!/mastertheshift?v=app_123529684340368

Thanks M! I really appreciate it! I asked them to remind me each week, but I never received an email for this week.

mgrigs said:

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/sredir?uname=mgrigs&target=ALBUM&id=5472064432779736305&authkey=Gv1sRgCOqF47uB_LmZlwE&feat=emai

Thanks for the photos. It was sharp and great shots!

Only one shot missing.... shot from under the vehicle. Just wanted to see the clearance and what's it look like under the car....

;)

mwalsh said:
mgrigs said:

What questions did you ask? Might be helpful to us all!

Initial rollout of first 5,000 to following areas in Dec:
San Diego, Seattle, Portland, Phoenix/Tucson, Central Tenn

First 5,000 -8,000 will be manufactured in Japan

Manufacturing should ramp up in Central Tenn with capacity to build 150,000/yr for delivery in Spring/early summer 2011

Those on the short list should be contacted in a few weeks about placing their December orders

If you're on the list but not in an early rollout area you should have the option to purchase it from the nearest available region (ex. Northern Ca resident purchase from San Diego). Presumably after an initial rollout in the designated regions.

B on shifter for low engine braking

Solar panel will power AC, heat and radio, but not charge battery

0-60 about 9 sec, 0-30 faster than GT-R but didn't give number

Likely to have a 10 year battery warranty

Front ground clearance approximately 9 3/4" (measured it)

mgrigs said:
If you're on the list but not in an early rollout area you should have the option to purchase it from the nearest available region (ex. Northern Ca resident purchase from San Diego)

B on shifter for low engine braking

Solar panel will power AC, heat and radio, but not charge battery

0-60 about 9 sec, 0-30 faster than GT-R but didn't give number

Likely to have a 10 year battery warranty

Front ground clearance approximately 9 3/4" (measured it)

Some good questions (and answers!).

Sweet. Thanks for all that...

Ok, so if really a 10 year battery warranty, well then I likely buy vs lease...and if I'm offered the closest dealer I just might admit I'm in New Mexico and just pick it up in AZ, as opposed to using my daughter's Phoenix address.

Gavin

Gavin said:
Sweet. Thanks for all that...

...and if I'm offered the closest dealer I just might admit I'm in New Mexico and just pick it up in AZ, as opposed to using my daughter's Phoenix address.

Gavin

I would imagine there would be an initial priority window for the designated regions to purchase the cars (my opinion). The rep mentioned those areas were selected because the local governments were offering additional incentives and/or building out the infrastructure to ensure a more positive ownership experience. If you're on the waiting list and in a designated rollout region I would imagine you would be in a better position.

Yeah, I totally understand Nissan wanting the user to have the best possible experience...

At the same time, I totally understand how the LEAF will work, pros and cons...and my commute is 6 miles each way...and I will be charging every night...so it really isn't an issue.

Add to that I want EVs in my city for many reasons...and my city won't really be adding infrastructure unless there are cars that need it...so I want to make sure there is at least one highly visible EV in my town...and I will make my EV very visible (i work at the largest hospital in the state and across from the largest University in the state...I will be parking it everyday where hundreds of foot traffic pass by it)...

But I will likely keep my daughters address on the order and then just change it after the purchase.

I actually have two orders in, so we will see...if the Albuquerque order goes through first (i put that one in before the second one with my daughters phoenix address) and they let me get it in Dec...cool...if not, my Phoenix order is also early enough that I should be able to get that one in Dec.

All good.

Gavin

Back