LEAF Link for iPhone/iPad/etc - available on the App Store

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As I sit and watch TV I just updated to the most recent version (1.1.3) on my Verizon 4 with iOS 6. I tested with and without access to Contacts and it is not crashing at all.

Nice job!

P.S. Just left you a 5-star review ;-)

EricBayArea said:
As I sit and watch TV I just updated to the most recent version (1.1.3) on my Verizon 4 with iOS 6. I tested with and without access to Contacts and it is not crashing at all.
Excellent, thanks for testing. :)

Nice job!

P.S. Just left you a 5-star review ;-)
Awesome, thanks for that. :mrgreen:

If anyone else hasn't left a review yet, I certainly encourage you to do so as well (you can leave just a star rating if you don't want to write a review). Doesn't have to be 5-star as long as it's your honest opinion. I'd much rather have a bunch of 3-5 star reviews than a handful of 1-star reviews from people who had a problem and didn't bother to ask for help (or even read the help, in some cases). Those are definitely the most frustrating. :|

I too just updated LEAF Link from within iTunes and it works well for iOS6 on my iPhone4S, iPhone5, and iPad3. It also works on my original iPad but that device cannot be upgraded beyond iOS5.1.1. I also left a new review on iTunes with my thoughts (all positive). Thanks for (a) resolving the Contacts idiosyncracy, and certainly for (b) developing and providing a very useful app!

For people who want to know more, or want to help improve http://www.openchargemap.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (the database with chargingpoints that Leaf Link uses) , you can discuss it at the Openchargemap Forum http://www.openchargemap.org/forum/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If you want to add chargingpoints you can do this via the app here : http://www.openchargemap.org/app/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (they will show up in LeafLink as soon as an editor approves them in openchargemap)

Via the app you can also inform us of chargepoints that are duplicated or give more information that needs changed by giving comments on that chargepoint
In the comment you can select the comment type
please select "suggested change" or other for getting it changed by an editor!

I've been trying to get LeafLink to show up in my Carwings feeds for a couple of months (when I have time). I have created the feed in Carwings online, but when I go to the car and update the feeds, it doesn't show up. I've tried deleting it online and recreating it, with no success. The app works great on my phone, but I can't get the car to cooperate!

Any suggestions?
Bill

Bill, I would not call the nav system inside the LEAF "intuitive" by any means, so I understand your frustration. It sounds like the LEAF Link information feed set-up didn't "take." If CARWINGS feeds are not working at all for you, then perhaps your CARWINGS account as a whole is not set up correctly. If everything is working fine EXCEPT LEAF Link, I humbly suggest the following to track this down:

• 1. Verify from your computer (not the smartphone) that the LEAF Link feed is correctly set up.
    • a. Login to CARWINGS (in the U.S. it is https://www.nissanusa.com/owners)
      b. Click on yellow letters: "View LEAF Status"
      c. Scroll to bottom and click on yellow letters: "launch CARWINGS"
      d. A new window opens called "Zero Emission" with your specific LEAF account info.
      e. Across the top are several options. Click on "All Info. Feeds"
      f. One of the feeds listed should be "LEAF Link" or whatever you may have named it. In that feed description should be an "Edit" button. Click on it.
      g. You will see a web address (URL = uniform resource locator) for LEAF Link. Make sure it is exactly correct. The help instructions in the LEAF Link app tell you what this should be and it is easy to mis-type. If it is wrong, re-type it, and click update, otherwise click cancel. The help is the "?" on the LEAF Link home screen, right top.
      h. Click on "Favorite Setting" near the top left of the CARWINGS screen, just under "Driving History".
      i. From the list that appears you should see "LEAF Link" somewhere in Favorites. If not, go through the add-link process. When you go to download directions in the car, you connect through the Favorites, so I think it has to be here.

2. Verify that the car updates from CARWINGS properly. From the LEAF in ON, ACC, or READY mode:
    • a. Menu
      b. CARWINGS
      c. CARWINGS Settings
      d. Information Feed Setting
      e. Edit Feed List
      f. Update Feed List

Hopefully, it will work this time.

Bob,
thanks for taking the time to type all of that out! I had done all of that, more than once unfortunately.

However, I did find my problem, right there at the end of your post, and clearly stated in the LeafLink app: choosing "Favorites" in the car instead of "All Information Feeds"! I seemed to be blind to that step all along. Now it works! I can't wait to use it. Thanks to Mike too!

Bill

Bill,

Glad everything is working for you now; I think you'll learn to really like LEAF Link. And by now you're more familiar with the vagaries of CARWINGS than most. That knowledge, plus $4, should get you a tall double-pump vanilla soy latte anywhere!

I love this app! :)

One feature I'd like: When I'm not at home (or some other location(s) that I designate), I'd like the app to notice that I plugged the car in but that it's not charging and notify me and ask me if I'd like to start charging the car now. I know that CarWings sends an email when you plug in -- could that be used as a trigger?

Here's the situation - I went to a play on Sunday afternoon and plugged in, but forgot to hit the 'Charge Now' button in the car. When I came back, my car didn't have enough charge to get me home. So I pushed the 'Charge Now' button and went away from the car to go visit with a friend who was also at the play. After an hour, I checked on the status of my car and noticed that it was plugged in and had stopped charging shortly after my friend picked me up!

Turns out that a red Volt was parked to the left of me and the two of us were parked directly in front of the two chargers. The red Volt had finished charging and a blue Volt came along and needed a charge. He parked to my right because he couldn't park to the left of the red Volt. He took my plug and plugged in, then moved the plug from the red Volt to my car. My charge timer took over at this point... I was able to do a 'Start Charging' remotely - but was annoyed that my car's charge timer was so persistent and caused me to loose 45 min worth of charging.

Our 2002 RAV4-EV has a charge timer, but the default on *it* is the reverse of the Leaf's charge timer. It only activates if you've hit the 'Charge Timer' button. Thus if you plug in someplace it just starts charging. This means you have to push the 'Charge Timer' button every time you come home, but at least when you're on the road and plug in you never have to worry about your car *NOT* charging. (And the charger is noisy enough that you know immediately that you are charging when you plug in at home and want it to wait, so there's a semi-automatic self correcting mechanism. ;-) )

To restate: What I really want is the charge timer on my Leaf to work automatically when I am at home and to ask me 'Do you want to charge now?' when I'm plugged in elsewhere. Failing that, can Leaf Link be used to correct that deficiency? :)

rcyoder said:
To restate: What I really want is the charge timer on my Leaf to work automatically when I am at home and to ask me 'Do you want to charge now?' when I'm plugged in elsewhere. Failing that, can Leaf Link be used to correct that deficiency? :)
I love Leaf Link too and would like this as well. I know it is a Japanese designed product so my hopes are not too high about the underlying functionality being available, but if it is that would be awesome!

Also wondering if there will be a Leaf Link for Android soon? I'm ready to switch over but Leaf Link and Peng (for Squeezebox) are the two apps keeping me on IOS at the moment. If there are Android versions, I am so gone!

Sending an address to my car via LeafLink hasn't been working for me the last couple of times. The car says that there's an error when it tries to download from the server. Anyone else?

rcyoder, this is why when you plug in at a public station it's important to go into the timer screen and turn off your timer there.

Electric4Me said:
Sending an address to my car via LeafLink hasn't been working for me the last couple of times. The car says that there's an error when it tries to download from the server. Anyone else?

rcyoder, this is why when you plug in at a public station it's important to go into the timer screen and turn off your timer there.

It has worked well for me to send addresses the couple times I did it this week.

Back