LEAF Link for iPhone/iPad/etc - available on the App Store

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
baronvonshush said:
- Anyone running iOS 6 - specifically, does the "Open Maps App" button on the Send to LEAF screen open the new Maps app (not Google Maps in Safari)? It does for me on the simulator, but I haven't tested on an actual device.

It opens google maps in safari.

saintyohann said:
baronvonshush said:
- Anyone running iOS 6 - specifically, does the "Open Maps App" button on the Send to LEAF screen open the new Maps app (not Google Maps in Safari)? It does for me on the simulator, but I haven't tested on an actual device.

It opens google maps in safari.
Thanks. I just want to double-check: are you running version 1.0.11? All previous versions will have the behavior you described.

Just did a quick test on my old ipod touch 2g running 4.2.6. It seems to work fine. I just tried a few things, updated a few times, sent a destination, and looked at the setup menu. Didn't have any problems

Running iOS 6 GM om an iPhone4 appears to open the new maps. At least the maps look different compared to the app store version on iOS5.1.1 on an iPad3.

Version 1.0.13 is updated on the server.

Changes include:
- Finalized international support with big list of CARWINGS website urls in different countries
- Auto-detect the user's country and display the appropriate CW website url when showing Login help
- Option to show more help from the Login screen
- Add FAQ section to help doc (currently all questions with the answer "no" :|)
- Remember your most recent map settings (whether to display contacts/recent items/charging stations)

I have gone ahead and submitted this to the App Store as version 1.1.0 (several days later than hoped, oh well). I suspect they have a much bigger backlog than last month since everyone else is updating their apps for iOS 6 and iPhone 5. So it could be a while before it shows up. In the meantime, if anyone reports any showstoppers, I can always pull the update before Apple gets to reviewing it.

opencar said:
just downloaded the latest version & now the app crashes on startup under ios6 on my iphone 4s.
Another user reported this and said that allowing contacts (in the iOS Settings app, I believe) fixed the issue. I can't reproduce this in the iOS 6 simulator, so I'll need to get my hands on a device to test...

Let me know if that also fixes it for you.

that was it. the change is under the "privacy" subsetting in the ios6 setting app. great work; i've not opened the Nissan stock LEAF app since yours has been available. thanks!

baronvonshush said:
opencar said:
just downloaded the latest version & now the app crashes on startup under ios6 on my iphone 4s.
Another user reported this and said that allowing contacts (in the iOS Settings app, I believe) fixed the issue. I can't reproduce this in the iOS 6 simulator, so I'll need to get my hands on a device to test...

Let me know if that also fixes it for you.

Happy Plug In Day! :mrgreen:

Version 1.1.2 is updated on the server.

Changes include:
- Fix (hopefully?) crash on iOS 6 when LEAF Link is not allowed to access Contacts. The iOS 6 simulator doesn't appear to fully implement the new privacy controls, so I'm relying on device testers here.

- Show Charging Stations map option split into 2 options: show compatible charging stations, or show all charging stations. The first option is identical to what previous versions did: LEAF Link would ask the Open Charge Map database to filter based on connector type (J1772 or CHAdeMO). The second option applies no filter. This turned out to be necessary because in some areas, Open Charge Map doesn't have connector information for all stations. Also, if a filtered search returns no results, LEAF Link will ask if you want to try searching for all stations (unfiltered).

- If Location is disabled for LEAF Link, it will remember the last map position and use that the next time you choose the map.

If any iOS 6 testers have a chance to verify the Contacts permission fix, that would be fantastic. Basically, I'll need you to:
1. Disallow LEAF Link from getting Contacts (Settings app, Privacy).
2. Verify the current version (1.1.0) crashes.
3. Install this update.
4. Verify that it doesn't crash, regardless of your Contacts privacy setting.

Thanks!

I've been using the beta version for a while now and just downloaded the app store version. I have an iPhone 4 running iOS 6. The app works fine and the contacts load and populate on the map -- so I think it works?

EricBayArea said:
I've been using the beta version for a while now and just downloaded the app store version. I have an iPhone 4 running iOS 6. The app works fine and the contacts load and populate on the map -- so I think it works?
Thanks for the feedback. Did you try it with Contacts disallowed for LEAF Link? You can go to the Settings app, then Privacy, Contacts. I believe that was the case where the App Store version crashes. The 1.1.2 beta should fix that.

Has anyone else had a chance to test it? Thanks! :)
(I still haven't upgraded to 6 on my phone because it's having some issues, so still only the simulator for my testing...)

Just tested and it does crash on load ONLY with the Contacts Privacy turned off

But I have to say that the notification you made is awesome! I launch the app and then go about my business and it provides the perfect set of info!!! (When CarWings is responding)

essaunders said:
Hi. in case not reported, my iphone 4 running ios 6 won't run leaf link.
Ok, is this with Contacts turned off in Settings/Privacy (see above)? If so, the workaround for the App Store version should be turn on Contacts for LEAF Link.

EricBayArea said:
Ok, good to verify. If you have a chance, I'd love to hear if the beta version above fixes it for sure. Thanks. ;)

baronvonshush said:
essaunders said:
Hi. in case not reported, my iphone 4 running ios 6 won't run leaf link.
Ok, is this with Contacts turned off in Settings/Privacy (see above)? If so, the workaround for the App Store version should be turn on Contacts for LEAF Link.

EricBayArea said:
Ok, good to verify. If you have a chance, I'd love to hear if the beta version above fixes it for sure. Thanks. ;)

look at that. turn on contact sharing and it work. turn contact sharing back off, it crashes.

I had contact sharing off as I didn't anticipate mapping my contacts ( I know where they all live...). I guess I'll leave it on.

Was anyone able to verify whether the latest version of LEAF Link fixes the iOS 6 crash when access to Contacts is disallowed? Unfortunately I'm still stuck without an iOS 6 device to test with, and the simulator has been less than helpful. Apple finally approved my update to [hopefully] fix this (1.1.3), but I just got dinged by yet another 1-star review complaining of the crash (and too lazy to read the app description or contact me for support). :cry: Frustrating when I have no way to contact these people and provide help.

Back