LEAF owners: will your next car be an EV?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My 2010 Prius only has 18,000 miles on it so will have it a while so my next car will either be a plug in hybrid or a 400 mile range EV with A 20 min QC option

malloryk said:
I will definitely buy another EV. I'm done with ICEs. I wonder in 3 years when a lot of our leases are up, will we get preferential treatment to get into a next-gen Leaf? Do you think demand will be really high and will we have to get back in line for one?
Doesn't matter. Now we all know how to get early i the queue :lol:

BTW, I'm going to reserve for any EV that comes up, the minute its possible. Whether I plan to buy or not ...

wsbca said:
Frankly I'm hoping our 'next car' will simply be a modestly higher capacity drop-in replacement battery pack for our LEAF at around the 100,000 mile mark, in about 2019, for about $5K.

Yeah, that would be cool!

Put me in the EV forever group- hopefully I won't have to add any more solar panels to charge it. In January, we drove the Leaf almost 1000 solar powered miles..... it has now become the #1 car in the household, not the "extra" car that we thought it would be. Our ICE wagon did 200 miles in January...

-u

Yes, my next car very likely to be an EV...hoping that within a couple of years there is an EV with with >300mi range (< 50K please), and the battery tech is better.

No regrets about doing the 12KWh conversion to my Prius...It does my commute at 80-90mpg, and no range anxiety, which to me is big.

I am adding another 3Kwh of panels to the roof, so my total will be over 10Kwh and the small contribution of the wind-turbine (only maybe 350Kwh for an entire year). With the roof panels I will wire the garage for another 220 sub-panel for future EV's.

Scott
www.smilingdogsranch.com/priusblog

After 2 weeks with my new LEAF my wife and I swapped cars yesterday, and I got the Dodge Grand Caravan. I can honestly say that I have never been so disappointed in driving the van. Seemed sluggish, loud, and loose on the road. On top of all of that, the sound of the engine sucking up gasoline just made me a little sadder...

I am looking forward to replacing it with an Electric vehicle, and hope that option will be available for us in the next few years when the time comes! Although it won't have the seating capacity we will need to replace the van, I wish our neighbor in Vancouver WA - Milner Motors a speedy next few months to get their ElectriCar in to production finally. Great concept! http://www.milnermotors.com/phev.htm

Put me down for a 300-mile Model S too. Probably in 2014 or thereabouts. It will replace our VW Touran 2.0TDI as our only car.

I never drive more than 200 miles anyway, if we need to go farther it is by train or plane.

I haven't actually received my LEAF, but we've already discussed the Tesla Model-S also. We have a 12 month old, and another one on the way, so maybe when the kiddies are a few years older. It's just such an attractive car, I can't help but have a crush on it.

PDXLeafer said:
I am looking forward to replacing it with an Electric vehicle, and hope that option will be available for us in the next few years when the time comes! Although it won't have the seating capacity we will need to replace the van, I wish our neighbor in Vancouver WA - Milner Motors a speedy next few months to get their ElectriCar in to production finally. Great concept! http://www.milnermotors.com/phev.htm
You can get the 5 seater C-Max Energi PHEV in 2012 - but no 7 seater yet.

Back