Leaf Spy and Leaf Spy Pro

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Battery settings Wh/Gids used to change DTE. In the new version it only changes remian kwh. Bug?
I noticed it just after i installed when i tested 70wh/gid config.

LeafSwe said:
Battery settings Wh/Gids used to change DTE. In the new version it only changes remian kwh. Bug?
Nothing has changed. Perhaps you have selected the "Use temperature to adjust DTE" in which case the variable Wh/Gid is not used. Uncheck that option and DTE will use the Wh/Gid you have selected. The "Use temp.." calculation has always used a fixed Wh/Gid of 76.642336 per Tony Williams' formula.

Turbo3 said:
If this happens again I can upload a test version with the change for you to try if you are in the test group.
It just happened out of the blue. I had a web browser (Dolphin) and who-knows-what-else running on the phone at the time. Next time I QC I'll try to reproduce it.

If there's a way to lighten the memory footprint without affecting operation, that seems like good practice in any case. I'm in the test group. Thanks again for all the work you're putting into this!

Turbo3 said:
LeafSwe said:
Nothing has changed. Perhaps you have selected the "Use temperature to adjust DTE" in which case the variable Wh/Gid is not used. Uncheck that option and DTE will use the Wh/Gid you have selected. The "Use temp.." calculation has always used a fixed Wh/Gid of 76.642336 per Tony Williams' formula.

You're right. Unchecked it works fine :)

DaveInAvl said:
Turbo3 said:
If this happens again I can upload a test version with the change for you to try if you are in the test group.
It just happened out of the blue. I had a web browser (Dolphin) and who-knows-what-else running on the phone at the time. Next time I QC I'll try to reproduce it.

If there's a way to lighten the memory footprint without affecting operation, that seems like good practice in any case. I'm in the test group. Thanks again for all the work you're putting into this!
The "fix" will be in the next release as there is no reason to update a screen that can't be seen. That is already done when you view the Help file.

Minor feature request: when I view the trip log, it would be nice if it started showing the most recent trip rather than the oldest trip. (either by positioning at the bottom of the spreadsheet or by reversing the order in the spreadsheet).

Minor question: the trip log contains three columns: energy, drive, regen. Drive/Regen is the energy used / energy recovered, as displayed on screen 4 under the energy panel. ('used' is really 'net used': the amount used - amount regen). However, what is the energy column? It is either identical to 'drive' or it is the last two drive values added together.

jlv said:
Minor feature request: when I view the trip log, it would be nice if it started showing the most recent trip rather than the oldest trip. (either by positioning at the bottom of the spreadsheet or by reversing the order in the spreadsheet).

Minor question: the trip log contains three columns: energy, drive, regen. Drive/Regen is the energy used / energy recovered, as displayed on screen 4 under the energy panel. ('used' is really 'net used': the amount used - amount regen). However, what is the energy column? It is either identical to 'drive' or it is the last two drive values added together.
After you open the trip log do a single tap and it will take you to the bottom. Only works the first time the trip log is opened or after you change screen orientation.

The seventh column "Energy" is the energy used during the trip or charge that is being logged. The "Drive" value depends on what resets the Wh counter. If it is automatic at the start of each drive/charge then Energy=Drive. If the reset is set to manual then Drive energy will be the energy used since the last time you reset the Wh counter.

Tested the 70wh/gid setting today. Works perfect on my Leaf 2014.

Full charge 284GIDs. Leafspy DTE: LBW102km VLBW112km rsrv(0,5kwh)120km @ 162Wh/km

Drove the car at 16,2kwh/100km (cars energy economy meter)
Did get LBW at 102 and VLBW at 112km and turtle at 121km. :)

Test version 0.36.69 has been upload and should be available for testing within 2 hours.

This version has only crash fixes which are mostly seen on Galaxy devices.

Here is what is included.

Version 0.36.69 (Test Release)

- Added recovery code to handle the case when the OBDII adapter gets into a bad state. This should fix the problem of having to unplug then plug back in the OBDII adapter in order to get LeafSpy Pro working again.

- Disable updating the screens while viewing the trip log to prevent crashing due to out of memory error.

- Disable animation while changing screens. Not sure how this got enabled. This probably is the source of many of the crashes due to the additional memory needed to support animation.

Thanks! Look forward to testing it. The crashes I submitted several days ago were induced by playing a video full-screen in the browser, then home-buttoning back to the home screen (which paused the video playback) and reentering Leaf Spy. Figured that'd be a stress on system RAM.

DaveInAvl said:
Thanks! Look forward to testing it. The crashes I submitted several days ago were induced by playing a video full-screen in the browser, then home-buttoning back to the home screen (which paused the video playback) and reentering Leaf Spy. Figured that'd be a stress on system RAM.
You should be able to install 0.36.69 now and give it a test. I assume you are already in the test group. If not send me the email address used to purchase LeafSpy Pro.

Let me know as soon as possible if it fixes the problem so I can release it to everyone.

Turbo3 said:
- Added recovery code to handle the case when the OBDII adapter gets into a bad state. This should fix the problem of having to unplug then plug back in the OBDII adapter in order to get LeafSpy Pro working again.
Was this bad state Bluetooth or WiFi adapters, or both?

I have Bluetooth and at times went three months with Kitcat and never had to unplug it.

But past week with Lollipop it has hung bad twice.
Unplugging did not work easily.
Had to clear the adapter from the phone, re-pair with phone, and then unplug adapter couple times to get it working.

Hopefully new test version fixes that.

TimLee said:
Turbo3 said:
Was this bad state Bluetooth or WiFi adapters, or both?

I have Bluetooth and at times went three months with Kitcat and never had to unplug it.

But past week with Lollipop it has hung bad twice.
Unplugging did not work easily.
Had to clear the adapter from the phone, re-pair with phone, and then unplug adapter couple times to get it working.

Hopefully new test version fixes that.
I have seen it on BT but it could also happen on WiFi.

There are two modes of operation for the OBDII adapter, Command/Response and Listen. When the app and Leaf are turned off there is a small chance of getting left in listen mode.

The new code will detect this condition and try to reset the adapter. In the case I was seeing this worked but I don't know for sure if it covers all cases.

Turbo3 said:
Let me know as soon as possible if it fixes the problem so I can release it to everyone.
I tried to crash the new test version this morning, using the method which crashed the previous version repeatedly, and couldn't :D

DaveInAvl said:
Turbo3 said:
I tried to crash the new test version this morning, using the method which crashed the previous version repeatedly, and couldn't :D
That is good news.

I have uploaded a new version 0.36.70 where I commented out some code I don't think was needed to fix the problem.

When available can you please retest with 0.36.70 and confirm it also solves the problem.

What's the current hardware requirement for android (galaxy note II)? would this one work?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mini-ELM327-V1-5-OBD2-II-Bluetooth-Car-Auto-Diagnostic-Interface-Scanner-Tool-/300870978320?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item460d4ecb10&rmvSB=true" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks

jms said:
What's the current hardware requirement for android (galaxy note II)? would this one work?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mini-ELM327-V1-5-OBD2-II-Bluetooth-Car-Auto-Diagnostic-Interface-Scanner-Tool-/300870978320?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item460d4ecb10&rmvSB=true" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks
Probably not as it lists v2.1 which seems to be code for a lower version where they have removed the PIC processor and dropped Leaf required commands. This is a case where a higher version means less function but it probably increases sales of their inferior product.

I can only recommend the Konnwei KW902 Bluetooth.

so this or
http://www.ebay.com/itm/KONNWEI-KW902-ODB-II-Bluetooth-Wifi-Scanner-Detector-Auto-Diagnostic-Tools-/121501151085" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
this
http://www.amazon.com/CHEERLINK%C2%AE-KONNWEI-Bluetooth-Wireless-Diagnostic/product-reviews/B00Q5YRC56/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

jms said:
so this or
http://www.ebay.com/itm/KONNWEI-KW902-ODB-II-Bluetooth-Wifi-Scanner-Detector-Auto-Diagnostic-Tools-/121501151085" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
this
http://www.amazon.com/CHEERLINK%C2%AE-KONNWEI-Bluetooth-Wireless-Diagnostic/product-reviews/B00Q5YRC56/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
What about this one as it has two day shipping if you have Prime.

http://www.amazon.com/Green-ELM327-...pebp=1435169076469&perid=17V1N228BKGT3Y1ZRFXD

Back