Leafs Over Texas!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just submitted my RFQ. No L3, only option selected was floor mats. It says I'll have a quote back by 4:35 PM tomorrow.

The charging waiver worked.

I wish I still had the warm fuzzy feelings I had for this car several months ago. I thought all the cold weather package stuff was supposed to come on the vehicle and now they're saying it's optional and we can't even order it. One more strike. Plus, I still can't say I like any of the colors.

Bicster said:
I wish I still had the warm fuzzy feelings I had for this car several months ago. I thought all the cold weather package stuff was supposed to come on the vehicle and now they're saying it's optional and we can't even order it. One more strike. Plus, I still can't say I like any of the colors.

Lease !

BTW, why would you want cold weather package in Houston ?! :twisted:

garygid said:
Andy, sounds like you are on their "customer" list (you have "set" them as your PD), but you are not on their RAQ list.

Normally, they have only 24 hours to respond to an RAQ.
After that, one "should" be able to select a new PD (or not?) and try again for another Quote.

So, it would seem that your RAQ never made it to their Dealer Dashboard, perhaps?

24 hours? How do I know this?

Five emails prior to RFQ; 1 telephone call and 1 email after the RFQ window opened...time to cancel and try another dealer. I wanted to exercise the system without poking and prodding... San Antonians - stay clear of Ancira Nissan...

evnow said:

Because we get snow on occasion? My lithium pack gets pretty sluggish on those 28 degree winter motorcycle rides...course, so do I... ;)

AndyH said:
evnow said:

Because we get snow on occasion? My lithium pack gets pretty sluggish on those 28 degree winter motorcycle rides...course, so do I... ;)

Well - I'm sure you get snow days off ;)

Got my quote from Mossy in Houston. $33890 for an SL with nothing but floor mats. I'm assuming this includes destination.

MSRP seems to be $34710 for that combination.

Any thoughts? I haven't had time to keep up with this board in months, whereas at one point I was able to read every post.

Bicster said:
Got my quote from Mossy in Houston. $33890 for an SL with nothing but floor mats. I'm assuming this includes destination.

Don't assume. Ask exactly what is included and what is not included. You can get the list & invoice int the price thread ...

Bicster said:

Any thoughts? I haven't had time to keep up with this board in months, whereas at one point I was able to read every post.
Can't believe the $820 difference is a coincidence, but rather a "missing" destination charge ... and the floor mats were "tossed" is as a freebie.

evnow said:
Bicster said:

Don't assume. Ask exactly what is included and what is not included. You can get the list & invoice int the price thread ...

Nissan's oversight doesn't include major details like destination charges? Ugh.

Bicster said:
evnow said:
Bicster said:

Nissan's oversight doesn't include major details like destination charges? Ugh.
That's more of a dealer issue/"oversight" ...

My dealer (Fontana) RAQ-quote specified on my dashboard tha -t it included destination, one option, and one accessory, but not which accessory. There is only one option, the QC, I think.

AndyH said:
...I've requested a quote from Ancira Nissan on I10 in S.A. We'll see what they come back with. They've already said they add a dealer anti-theft option ($99 for etching the VIN on windows...) but don't know if this will apply to the Leaf...

Well, I 'fired' Ancira Nissan today. Still no quote after 17 days. Finally did get a reply via email from their Leaf rep that said they'd get me a quote just as soon as they had a Leaf on the lot. Fail. :evil:

edit... It appears the Ancira RFQ process might have broken down because they didn't receive the info from Nissan corporate. I did select them as my dealer more than a month in advance of the RFQ.

Next up: Ingram Park Nissan... This is new - my account site shows the RFQ time and gives me a deadline for a reply. That didn't happen when I submitted the first RFQ...

First quote back from IPAQ San Antonio. This is a dealership that I have a relationship with - including bringing them copies of the Nissan briefing papers, Electric Auto Association magazine issue with lots of Leaf info, and a copy of 'Who Killed the Electric Car'.
2011 Nissan Leaf SV MSRP: $32780
Market Adjustment $3000
Subtotal $35780 + TTL

Yeah - a $3000 'Market Adjustment'.

I'm thinking...No.

If you accept their quote, you will have a NEW relationship with them, Ben (or, Mister Dover). :(

I did some calling to arrange the deal first, before submitting the RAQ.

For that "extra $3000" you can have your LEAF "trucked" all the way from JAPAN!

AndyH said:
First quote back from IPAQ San Antonio. This is a dealership that I have a relationship with - including bringing them copies of the Nissan briefing papers, Electric Auto Association magazine issue with lots of Leaf info, and a copy of 'Who Killed the Electric Car'.
2011 Nissan Leaf SV MSRP: $32780
Market Adjustment $3000
Subtotal $35780 + TTL

Yeah - a $3000 'Market Adjustment'.

I'm thinking...No.

Hey Andy. I'm in San Antonio and have Ancira selected as my preferred dealer currently, but I'll be looking for someone who won't be quoting over MSRP as well. Do you think we would have better luck ordering from Austin? It's 78 miles to my house from city center...

fyi - I didn't reserve until June so I'm further down the list than you. I'm pre-wired for the EVSE and have had my home assessment, but I don't expect to be able to RAQ any time soon.... :(

garygid said:
If you accept their quote, you will have a NEW relationship with them, Ben (or, Mister Dover). :(

I did some calling to arrange the deal first, before submitting the RAQ.

For that "extra $3000" you can have your LEAF "trucked" all the way from JAPAN!

Exactly Gary - and I told them that I had ZERO problem bringing the car in from California when I asked them to try again. ;)

Funny thing is, this is the first shop I visited and where I brought papers and movies and gave a couple of electric rides. They made it clear that the MOST I'd be asked to pay was MSRP. This was unexpected, to say the least.

jlaw99 said:
Hey Andy. I'm in San Antonio and have Ancira selected as my preferred dealer currently, but I'll be looking for someone who won't be quoting over MSRP as well. Do you think we would have better luck ordering from Austin? It's 78 miles to my house from city center...

fyi - I didn't reserve until June so I'm further down the list than you. I'm pre-wired for the EVSE and have had my home assessment, but I don't expect to be able to RAQ any time soon.... :(

Welcome aboard!

I haven't heard any quotes from Austin yet. The only sub-MSRP I know of in the state is the one above from Dallas. Oh well - exploring is fun! ;)

Back