Leaves all over the place

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tailgate1234

Friday, in my office complex, there was another blue LEAF parked several spaces away. As I was pulling out of the parking lot, a red LEAF came zipping down the street. I see a number of Leaves regularly in the area. A large percentage of delivered Leaves must be here in N. Calif.

tailgate1234 said:
Friday, in my office complex, there was another blue LEAF parked several spaces away. As I was pulling out of the parking lot, a red LEAF came zipping down the street. I see a number of Leaves regularly in the area. A large percentage of delivered Leaves must be here in N. Calif.

The plural of LEAF is LEAFs. ;)

LEAFfan said:
tailgate1234 said:
The plural of LEAF is LEAFs. ;)
What's the the plural when a flock of LEAFs are LEAVING? :?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_collective_nouns
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_collective_nouns_by_subject_A-H

ElectricVehicle said:

I think the collective should be a 'tree.' As in, 'a murder of crows,' 'a flock of sheep,' 'a tree of LEAFs.' ;)

Packet said:
ElectricVehicle said:
I think the collective should be a 'tree.' As in, 'a murder of crows,' 'a flock of sheep,' 'a tree of LEAFs.' ;)
Good Show! I like it, I even LEAF it!

Guess we'll have to put that into common usage:
"I spotted a TREE of LEAFs on an auto carier going down I-5."
"I ran into a TREE of LEAFs at work this morning."
"I used to climb trees and sometimes still do, but now I also drive in a TREE of LEAFs."
"Our TREE of LEAFs is growing trees in the intrument panel."
"We're making a TREE of LEAFs and leaving!"

And when speaking to your significant other:
"I LEAF You."

ElectricVehicle said:

If it's all capitalized, though, that means it's an acronym, like LEAF is for "Leading Environmentally-friendly Affordable Familycar." (A backronym if I ever saw one.) So what would TREE stand for? Hrm...

TRONZ said:
It's a thing of beauty. I hope to soon be seeing them like Prii everywhere.
San Diego must be behind a bit. Have only seen 2 LEAFs out in the wild (1 spotted twice), but it seems that in the last 3 months there have been a TON of new Prii on the road. Seems like I can't drive a mile without seeing one w/dealer plates.

I was totally surprised last Thursday driving home from work in my blue LEAF. I was stopped at a light and I saw another blue LEAF coming from the other direction. I rolled down my window and waved frantically, but I don't think he saw me. I noticed he still has dealer plates. This was on North Oracle Road at the Ina intersection. If you're out there, PM me.

BUT, then two minutes later I saw a red LEAF coming towards me on Skyline Road. I think it might have been Johnny from Thoroughbred Nissan - not sure. Two LEAFs in only a few minutes. I began to wonder if LEAFs will become as ubiquitous as the Prius, maybe in about 6 or 7 years.

Tucson didn't start getting any LEAF deliveries until mid March. So it was fun to see a couple of them in one day.

I saw a blue Leaf at Trader Joe's in Sunnyvale the other day -- my first non-Leaf-event sighting.

Today we drove the CR-V to Half Moon Bay (70 miles round trip, 280 to 92 and back) and I wondered whether we'd be able to make a trip like that in the LEAF without at least a partial charge in HMB (but saw no obvious places to obtain one, online or in person).

Then, just after leaving HMB eastbound on 92 this evening we passed someone heading westbound in a brand-new blue Leaf from Boardwalk. I'm really curious where they were headed (home to HMB perhaps?) and whether they intend to commute back and forth over 92 every day...

I have seen a blue LEAF a couple of times in the neighborhood only about 1/2 mi away from my house and a white LEAF at the shopping center near my work. With now more than a dozen in our local area I expect to see a few more and am expecting the local number to reach 20+ very soon.

I saw my first LEAF in the wild today at Costco in La Mesa. It was a Blue Ocean bought at Mossy Kearney Mesa. I should have parked next to it to create a Blue Ocean TREE.

Rick

Packet said:
ElectricVehicle said:

If it's all capitalized, though, that means it's an acronym, like LEAF is for "Leading Environmentally-friendly Affordable Familycar." (A backronym if I ever saw one.) So what would TREE stand for? Hrm...

A Tight-knit Rally of Electric Enthusiasts!

Back