Leaves in the Wild

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saw my first other LEAF in the wild in Johnson City, TN last night.

I was on my way back home from a meeting, when I came to a place in my trip where I can choose one of two different ways to go home. I was planning on taking one path, but at the last second, for some reason, decided to turn right and take the other route.

I immediately pulled over into the left-turn lane to get onto State of Franklin Rd, and there, sitting right in front of me at the red light, was a blue LEAF. I almost screamed I was so excited. Two LEAFS sitting at the same red light.

I followed him for just a bit, then he turned right, to get some food at Pal's, I think.

I tooted the horn twice as I drove past him.

Not sure if he saw me or not.

Anyway, needless to say, I was excited to see another LEAF in my hometown.

Well despite living in one of the least green areas of the country as I have noted before I found a third southern Indiana leaf today. As I was in a local watering hole a person came in and asked who the owner of the Leaf was. It turned out that he had one himself so I snapped a shot of two of us together. Mine is the blue one. Admittedly my green cred is somewhat reduced by the fact that the Mustang convertible is also a family car, in this instance driven by my wife.

leafford.jpg

I was totally NOT expecting to see another LEAF in the Philly area for a while, but last night as I was leaving the office, I saw a red LEAF with "Fred Beans Dolyestown" on the back. I pulled right in behind him at the traffic light when I turn onto Oxford Valley Road. He took off down Linclon Highway and I lost him at a light about a mile down the road.

I see between 5 and 30 everyday on my 100 mile commute in the Bay Area. They are zipping down the carpool lane with one driver. Haha, the carpool lane sticker rules. It is super exciting to see the mass adoption of EV's in the Bay Area. It will be awesome when the rest of the country starts to catch on. All of you early adopters out there feeling alone un your area are trend setting. Others will follow the more they see you on the road.

Driving by UC Berkeley today I stopped at the crosswalk for a frat dude and his super hot girlfriend in a red dress. He stopped, pointed at my car and said to his girlfriend "that's a Nissan Leaf." His girlfriend had to nudge him to get him to stop looking and keep walking. The way he said it was like a was driving a Ferrari. The Leaf is a big deal. It's a game changer. We all know that though :)

So it has been raining heavily, with lots of thunder and lightning the whole night, is expected to be that way through today, here in Plano, TX. This morning all dressed up, I came to the garage with my two kids, looked at my 1 week old Leaf and what did I do ? Chickened out! Took the van instead.

Lot of deep puddles and pouring rain, and then what do I see in Coit Rd ? A blue Leaf racing past me.. :)

mkjayakumar said:
So it has been raining heavily, with lots of thunder and lightning the whole night, is expected to be that way through today, here in Plano, TX. This morning all dressed up, I came to the garage with my two kids, looked at my 1 week old Leaf and what did I do ? Chickened out! Took the van instead.

Lot of deep puddles and pouring rain, and then what do I see in Coit Rd ? A blue Leaf racing past me.. :)
That'll 'learn ya' :)

mkjayakumar said:

I am here in Cedar Park just North of Austin, Texas and it stormed and rained hard last night and this morning. You are paying for that car correct, get out and drive it. Nothing a car wash or 2 kids can't take care of a dirty care. lol

Ian B

notlpip said:
Saw a red LEAF Monday heading East on Highway 152 near Chowchilla in Central California. It is the first one that I have seen on the road in this area. I was heading West in my blue LEAF. If you are on this forum give me a shout.
Sorry for the late reply - it's been a year - but I just now saw your posting for the first time. Yes, that was me! :D Just sent you a PM.

Here in San Diego LEAF sightings in the wild have become very common place in the last year. But yesterday was the first time I saw 2 Glacier Pearl LEAFs parked in the same parking lot at the Big Lots area in Mira Mesa. I invited one of the owners to National Plug-in day.

My first LEAF spotted in the wild has a cool bit to it...

It was the frequent flyer miles that my 12 year old Miata was racking up with our mechanic that finally told me it was time to take the plunge and move on to an EV.

I passed that same auto shop recently when I happened to see a silver LEAF just like mine parked there. Thought it was odd as I wouldn't have expected a LEAF to need standard mechanical work at this stage of the game.

Yet each day I would pass the auto shop and see the same LEAF so I had to stop and ask. Turns out the LEAF belongs to the mechanic at the shop! Now if that's not an endorsement...

Well, I haven't seen any in the wild and only 2 (from Missouri) when visiting forum friends. However, my co-workers have spotted me around town 3 times. Does that count?

Hellooooooooooooooooo Kansas???? <insert echo>

Just spotted my 2nd one!

I would never have seen it, except my wife parked too close to the side of the garage so I had to exit from the opposite end of the alley this morning. As I was entering the street from the alley, lo and behold here comes a blue LEAF from the alley across the street! So I have a neighbor on the next block that has one!

Finally spotted another Leaf in the wild this past weekend. I was driving from meeting Santa with the kids to the Smithaven Mall in Lake Grove NY when rounding a curve there it was heading in the opposite direction. A silver Leaf. I couldn't tell if it was SL or SV as it passed as I was on a curve approaching a busy 4 way stop. I waived but didn't see if they saw me. But it was nice to see I was not alone in the world... :p

Now if I could only count them when I am driving the LIE.... :cool:

Took a week to see my first Leaf in Japan. It was in Yufuin (Kyushu), not a big city! Haven't spotted any charging stations.

Edit- Passed by a Nissan dealer in Nagasaki today, 12/31, with a Leaf charging from a Nissan CHAdeMO. Too bad they were closed.

I left the house at 100% and before I even lost the first bar I saw 2 Leafs (not counting ours) and a Tesla Model S. Right after I lost the first bar, there was another one. So 3 Leafs and one Tesla within 20 minutes. The Leaf drivers waved, the Tesla business man was too ... busy.

The EVs are HERE :D !.

We saw a silver Leaf driving over the Kentucky River, NB on I-75 last Sunday, January 6th. Would love to have the owner contact us and join in our EV group meetings once we start them back up. We've not had one in a couple months due to the holidays. We passed the Leaf and waved, hoping they would notice our kyleaf.com sticker, and find us! We've seen a Leaf or two our and about, and have a total of three Leaf's in our group.

Back