"Li-Ion Battery Costs Challenge Engineers on EV Safety"

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The fire keeps making news in sound bites, but does anyone know just how 'bad' the original fire was, and was passenger compartment affected by the fire?

In traditional ICE cars, fires can range from small (melted wire due to oversize fuse replacement or <gasp> wrapping fuse in foil), to catastrophic (burning black hulk with no tires, and seat springs visible inside).

I read the article, all of your posts, and penned this response in 1:53 flat :lol:

And yes, that's about as content-free as it gets.

mbutter said:
The fire keeps making news in sound bites, but does anyone know just how 'bad' the original fire was, and was passenger compartment affected by the fire?

In traditional ICE cars, fires can range from small (melted wire due to oversize fuse replacement or <gasp> wrapping fuse in foil), to catastrophic (burning black hulk with no tires, and seat springs visible inside).
This account says it was severe enough to catch other cars parked nearby on fire, but the second one was just a fizzle that self extinguished.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/28/chevy-volt-fire-investigation_n_1117673.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Back