List of Nissan Dealers who will sell LEAF for MSRP or Less

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mwalsh said:
Oops...make that "place a REQUEST for a quote".
Is Jesse saying we will get a written online commitment from the dealer of our choice ( price, terms, options, color, etc.; in the case of a lease with more complex details ) ? If we don't like the "quote" ... then we would restart the "Request a Quote" process with our 2nd choice dealer ?

I also hope the quote will include an estimated delivery timeframe ... or am I dreaming ?

mwalsh said:
Is anyone else NOT able to see the dealer list when they login to their account? I wanted to make some changes and the list doesn't seem available anymore.

I just went into my account. The dealer list still shows up for me.

I just met with Ryan Sutton, the General Sales Manager for Chico Nissan and Hyundai serving Northern California. He reassured me that their dealership will not charge above MSRP. I also spoke with Ron Ritchie, their Leaf salesman, and I couldn't tell which of us was more excited/enthused about this car! They have been handing out the "My Nissan Leaf" cards that I printed for them to people interested in the Leaf.

LEAFguy said:
mwalsh said:
Is anyone else NOT able to see the dealer list when they login to their account? I wanted to make some changes and the list doesn't seem available anymore.

I just went into my account. The dealer list still shows up for me.

Same here -- I am able to see the list and change dealers.

Hmmmm...."locate a dealer" is back! :shock: I SWEAR to you, when I posted the only the options were for "edit your vehicle configuration" and "cancel reservation". :?

Hmmmm.....apparently true that you are no longer allowed to select multiple dealers to allow contact with you.

Seems like the website programmer and the "owner" of the site just cannot get (and keep) something reasonable:

Prefer one, but allow contacts by many, ... would seem reasonable.

mwalsh said:
Hmmmm...."locate a dealer" is back! :shock: I SWEAR to you, when I posted the only the options were for "edit your vehicle configuration" and "cancel reservation". :?

Hmmmm.....apparently true that you are no longer allowed to select multiple dealers to allow contact with you.

Looks like it's some type of bug. Here's a screen shot showing that it is missing:

4828879234_538e3af11d_b.jpg

I contacted Sunnyvale Nissan. I was told that any markup above MSRP would be "negligible." Not quite the unambiguous answer I would have liked, but I am leaving them as my preferred dealer.

I also asked when I would be able to come there to test drive one. (Mainly I want to see if I fit as I am 6'7" with most of the extra height in my legs.) He told me they did not expect to receive cars until February. However, the black prototype (presumably whose photo was taken on the 101) had been to their dealer and a 6'5" person had sat in it OK. He said if they had had my name at that time they would have called me for a trial fit. Arg!!

Edit - 7/29/10. I checked with them again and now they say they will charge exactly MSRP. No markup at all. Great.

Thank you for contacting Eastside Nissan. My name is Tony Talton and it's my pleasure to assist you through out your entire vehicle purchase process.

The ordering process for the Leaf is being handled entirely on the nissanusa.com website. Have you signed up to reserve your unit?

With respect to pricing, there are no special pricing programs on the Leaf. (Note: I was asking about special pricing I get through my company on other Nissan cars) There probably won't be for the first two years. We will be selling pre-ordered units right at the listed price (MSRP.) The Leaf will be price between $32k and $35k before any tax credits or rebates.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Best regards,

Tony Talton
Director of Special Projects:
Internet Sales, Fleet, Commercial, Electric Vehicles
Nissan of the Eastside

I reviewed the Edmunds.com Leaf page. Entering my zipcode: 94070 for San Carlos, CA produced 3 dealerships within 50 miles of my house-Serramonte Nissan, Colma, CA, Stevens Creek Nissan, Santa Clara, CA, and Premier Nissan, San Jose, CA.

No email or call back came from Serramonte Nissan. Premier Nissan sent me email info on an Altima, instead of the Leaf.

Stevens Creek Nissan, Aaron de Priest Leaf sales coordinator ph: 1(408)557-5558 emailed me and called me today. I spoke to him for about 10 minutes and found he was very knowledgeable about all aspects of the Leaf. They will be selling Leaf at no more than MSRP. No gouging on the price. Unfortunately, there won't be any test drives offered at the dealership. There will be 4,000 Leafs available in December throughout the first release areas. Another 8,000 will be released in March/April 2011. I'm impressed with the professionalism of Nissan so far :)

Anyone else going to the Plug-in 2010 in San Jose tonight?

gasmiser1 said:
There will be 4,000 Leafs available in December throughout the first release areas.

I think that number sounds high. We've already talked about only 200 per region containing roll-out states. Even the most optimistic of us only figured on a couple of thousand cars total for December.

Are you going tonight? See if you can weasel EVSE pricing from some of those vendors!

mwalsh said:
gasmiser1 said:
There will be 4,000 Leafs available in December throughout the first release areas.

I think that number sounds high. We've already talked about only 200 per region containing roll-out states. Even the most optimistic of us only figured on a couple of thousand cars total for December.

Are you going tonight? See if you can weasel EVSE pricing from some of those vendors!

Yup. I going to go tonight and ask as many questions as possible, incuding the EVSE pricing from other vendors.

thimel said:
I contacted Sunnyvale Nissan. I was told that any markup above MSRP would be "negligible." Not quite the unambiguous answer I would have liked, but I am leaving them as my preferred dealer.

I also asked when I would be able to come there to test drive one. (Mainly I want to see if I fit as I am 6'7" with most of the extra height in my legs.) He told me they did not expect to receive cars until February. However, the black prototype (presumably whose photo was taken on the 101) had been to their dealer and a 6'5" person had sat in it OK. He said if they had had my name at that time they would have called me for a trial fit. Arg!!

Chances are my SL is going to be a demo car, and I'm thrilled. Work will pick up part of the lease, and while I'm working people can run around and test drive it. Free car washes and charging! :D I'll be sure to make a thread when it comes in so everyone can stop by to take a drive in it.

gasmiser1 said:
I reviewed the Edmunds.com Leaf page. Entering my zipcode: 94070 for San Carlos, CA produced 3 dealerships within 50 miles of my house-Serramonte Nissan, Colma, CA, Stevens Creek Nissan, Santa Clara, CA, and Premier Nissan, San Jose, CA.

No email or call back came from Serramonte Nissan. Premier Nissan sent me email info on an Altima, instead of the Leaf.

That's really odd that Boardwalk didn't show up. Our old web guy did get our website delisted from NissanUSA.com (and we've only been back for a few months), so maybe Edmunds doesn't think we exist? :lol:

BrendanDolan said:
thimel said:

Chances are my SL is going to be a demo car, and I'm thrilled. Work will pick up part of the lease, and while I'm working people can run around and test drive it. Free car washes and charging! :D I'll be sure to make a thread when it comes in so everyone can stop by to take a drive in it.

gasmiser1 said:

That's really odd that Boardwalk didn't show up. Our old web guy did get our website delisted from NissanUSA.com (and we've only been back for a few months), so maybe Edmunds doesn't think we exist? :lol:

Yea, I thought it was strange as well, since your dealership is the closest to my house(one city over).

Back