List of Nissan Dealers who will sell LEAF for MSRP or Less

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gasmiser1 said:
Yea, I thought it was strange as well, since your dealership is the closest to my house(one city over).

Ah, we don't pay with their third parties, and while they list us organically on the dealer inventory screens, they don't shoot leads our way. The car industry is such a tangled mess of vendors. :cry:

All right Folks! Pacific Nissan will not charge any additional dealer markup :D and will not have any dealer added accessories that you have to purchase as well :D My name is Brian Groves and I am the Leaf Guy at Pacific Nissan in San Diego, CA. I've started reading on here and am really excited about all the discussion and excitement you all have. If anyone, near or far wants to contact me then by all means, please do.

Brian Groves
Dedicated Leaf Sales and Leasing Consultant
Pacific Nissan
Cell 619-708-8525
Office 858-581-3200
[email protected]

is there anyway we can summarize all the dealers that are committed to MSRP on the first post of this thread? lots of pages to go through now.

trentr said:
is there anyway we can summarize all the dealers that are committed to MSRP on the first post of this thread? lots of pages to go through now.

Absolutely. Any volunteers ? If someone can send me the list I'll update the first page ...

garygid said:
Easier to start a new "Summary of Dealers ..." topic?

Was thinking of that too - a locked topic with just dealer names. In anycase, we need to collect the information from here.

Talked with Mia at Downtown Nissan in downtown Los Angeles. Said they would sell Leaf to me for MSRP. Did not have the conversation yet about no add ons, etc. I plan to talk with Santa Monica Nissan, probably tomorrow.

I checked with Nissan Sunnyvale again, telling them that Boardwalk Nissan in Redwood City had said they would charge exactly MSRP. Sunnyvale now commits to that too. (Before they said any markup would be "negligible.") This is great news.

Hello again...lots of new information coming from Nissan.

We will sell at MSRP. We can sell to anybody, anywhere. I will arrange flat bedding if necessary.

Thanks SBNissan...I think you were the first dealer to come to our site. We appreciate it...and all the other dealers who are coming here too...

Looks like there will be many places doing MSRP...GREAT NEWS.

Can you tell us some of the other new news coming from Nissan about the LEAF?

Thanks Again

Gavin

How many of you here in Southern California got the email from Nissan stating that you can place your order in August 2010?

Just thinking out-loud here...What happens when we're told a dealer will honor the MSRP and then when it comes time to order, there actualy IS 'mark-up' ?? I'd rather know who is charging over MSRP and how much. I can respect their position being upfront about it in the beginning but, I don't have to like it or buy there. Has this crossed anybody else's mind?

Well so far I know of three dealers in "my" area that state they will sell for MSRP...If the first one does not, I go to the second, if the second does not...etc etc...Heck if nobody in AZ will, I will order from SBNissan...I'm already flatbedding it from AZ, why not California?

Since I have actual emails stating this, I doubt they will back out...but I imagine there are a number of dealerships that would like a quick easy sale...the car actually will be dropped off and bought with little to no drama or wait.

It is basically Nissan dropping off MY LEAF at the dealership...I put in my order with Nissan, told them what I want, they gave me a price and now I tell them where to drop it off and I pick it up...Dealership gets a portion of the money and some goodwill and maybe a few add-ons to sell...a win win...

The scary part probably for dealerships is that with Electric cars we may see a decrease in the need for dealerships...will car sales in the future be like buying from Amazon...look at car on line, read reviews and specs, look at selection and prices, order on line, have car delivered to doorstep.

While we will still need dealerships, the future dealerships might become smaller and less of them...they will be for test drives (so only one of each type of car...maybe a couple for the few who need a same day sale) and have a small repair shop to change tires and do some rare warranty work. Much fewer parts, no exhaust system....very little service shop work...

Gavin

deetime7767 said:
Just thinking out-loud here...What happens when we're told a dealer will honor the MSRP and then when it comes time to order, there actualy IS 'mark-up' ?? I'd rather know who is charging over MSRP and how much. I can respect their position being upfront about it in the beginning but, I don't have to like it or buy there. Has this crossed anybody else's mind?

In the age of internet that is a very risky strategy. Esp. if the priority is by reservation, people would still shop around. Bad reviews in Yelp and other places will hurt the dealer. And as I've indicated elsewhere, I'll make sure the story appears in Seattle Times :twisted:

I understand you want to make more money - but the other dealerships in the area are now saying they will sell for MSRP. So, it is upto you - do you want to make "some" easy money or do you want to lose making "some" money because you wanted to make "more" easy money ?

I just spoke with Toni Martin at Santa Monica Nissan (310) 752-1510 X. 238. She is in charge of internet sales. Very friendly and knowledgeable about the Leaf. They will be selling the Leaf at MSRP--they decided that short-term greed would not be good for their long-term business relationships.

How many of you here in Southern California got the email from Nissan stating that you can place your order in August 2010?

I live in the city of Los Angeles. I registered for my Leaf April 20, the first day. I got a Sept. order month.

This shows us how few vehicles we can expect to be delivered in December, the first delivery month for Southern California.

They bumped up the arrival of dealer demos to December, this obviously cuts into that month's production.

My recent correspondence with Mossy Nissan San Diego:

This is what I asked:
Hello Ashton, I wanted to find out if Mossy Nissan has decided on a price point for Nissan LEAF (selling below MSRP, selling at MSRP, selling above MSRP).

As we know Nissan will be asking us to contact local dealers to discuss pricing within the next 30 days. So that there are no delays on my part I would like to pick a dealer of my choice ahead of time. At this time I have not selected a preferred LEAF dealer.[/
i]

This is the reply I got back:

Our dealership has not set the LEAF pricing. As soon as I have more information, I will email you the specifics. If you have any other questions in the meantime, please let me know

SBNissanLeaf said:
This shows us how few vehicles we can expect to be delivered in December, the first delivery month for Southern California.

They bumped up the arrival of dealer demos to December, this obviously cuts into that month's production.

Yeah, this is what i figured too...probably cuts the December numbers to customers in about half, but makes sense to have cars in showrooms and for test drives.

Gavin

I've had three callbacks today from Nissan sales people I left messages with over the last two days.
A couple more tidbits; who knows how accurate:

"When you submit your quote to the dealer, submit it as a lease. They are constrained to Nissan's pricing policy for leases. They'll have to quote you back a retail price as well, and that will be MSRP. You can then accept the retail price instead of the lease (if you want to buy) and avoid any dealer markup."

"Most of the dealers I'm aware of will be marking up above MSRP as part of the quote negotiation, you have 24 hours to negotiate/accept/refuse. Once you've done that your, order goes to Nissan to build your car"

"Nissan will have test drive units to some dealers in SoCal as early as Sept. Also, if you've place an order, you will be given a date to go and do an extended test drive and spend part of the day talking to the 'experts' about the car."

"L3 charging is an option only for SL trim"

...again YMMV

Back