Loaner for Warranty Repairs?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pauldesr

My dealer in Dallas says that they don't provide loaners when your car is in for warranty repairs. It seems odd (if not a rip-off) to make me pay when I'm getting their defects corrected. I'm 4 months into a lease and the car arbitrarily quits charging before completion, sometimes even around 60 percent.

Is this a Nissan policy? Or do I need to find another dealer?

pauldesr said:
I'm 4 months into a lease and the car arbitrarily quits charging before completion, sometimes even around 60 percent.
Ah, you have the well-known 2013 PDM problem. See this thread: Bad Power Distribution Module? Check In Here

pauldesr said:
Is this a Nissan policy? Or do I need to find another dealer?
That same thread will tell you that for many people it is just a firmware update, but that some people have had to wait weeks to get a new part, and most if not all of them get a loaner. It also advises escalating the loaner issue to the Nissan EV line.

Ray

To my knowledge, it is up to the individual dealer as Nissan has no published policy on this. Most dealers do not provide loaners in general on warranty work... However, on a problem such as this, which is well known and well documented, Nissan has been known to step up to the plate if pressed...

pauldesr said:
My dealer in Dallas says that they don't provide loaners when your car is in for warranty repairs. It seems odd (if not a rip-off) to make me pay when I'm getting their defects corrected.

The complimentary rental car program is advertised on the Nissan Leaf website for any warranty work in the first 36/36000
Complimentary rental car program:

For the first 36 months/36,000 miles (whichever occurs first), your participating Nissan LEAF® certified dealer will provide the owner a complimentary rental vehicle when a warrantable repair is performed, subject to availability and the eligibility requirements. (See your Nissan dealer and read the Roadside Assistance section of your Warranty Information Booklet for complete details and eligibility requirements.)

Interesting as never once have I been offered a loaner, even when I asked, by either of the two dealers I have frequented...

Slowleaf said:
The complimentary rental car program is advertised on the Nissan Leaf website for any warranty work in the first 36/36000.
Complimentary rental car program: For the first 36 months/36,000 miles (whichever occurs first), your participating Nissan LEAF® certified dealer will provide the owner a complimentary rental vehicle when a warrantable repair is performed, subject to availability and the eligibility requirements. (See your Nissan dealer and read the Roadside Assistance section of your Warranty Information Booklet for complete details and eligibility requirements.)

My dealer, Loughead Nissan, in Swarthmore has always provided me a loaner Leaf if my car is in for service, whether for an hour or a week.

A Leaf.

Not a POS stinky ICE loaner Sentra or a Versa, but what I went to them for in the first place; a Leaf

My advice is to reward good behavior, punish bad.

Take it to another dealer who try's harder for all your service.

Back