Loose OBDII Port ???

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdc

Hi

I have a 2012 Leaf, and trying to get a OBDII scanner to work on it. After trying three devices, two wifi, and finally one bluetooth LELink that had a power red led light, i realized the problem is the port itself is not working. That red LED, lights up then off, and if you wiggle the adapter just right the light will stay on, but a good connection cannot be made.

Anyone have a thought or advise on how to fix a loose port?

Thanks

You could try a high-quality short extension cable. The cable might have better contacts in each end. An additional advantage of using extension cable is that you can leave the cable attached and unplug the bluetooth adapter when parking for extended time to minimize wear on the car's port. If you get one with an angle plug, the cable can be tucked neatly out of the way.

Gerry

GerryAZ said:
You could try a high-quality short extension cable. The cable might have better contacts in each end. An additional advantage of using extension cable is that you can leave the cable attached and unplug the bluetooth adapter when parking for extended time to minimize wear on the car's port. If you get one with an angle plug, the cable can be tucked neatly out of the way.

Gerry

I will second that idea. I ended up getting a Y extension, so there were two places to plug in, one for my OBDII reader and the open one for the Nissan mechanic to use when they have to.

I too noticed that the actual OBDII port seems extremely fragile and breakable. I'm not sure if it was because I was very cautious or what, but it definitely did not inspire confidence.

Would the OBDII port be covered under warranty if somebody went to the dealer?

Great idea Gerry, on the extension cable. I will try that first.

Side note, I just lost the fourth bar at 56593 miles, after a week of +95F weather.

J

I am just collecting the LeafSpy data and will post it soon. I am in Concord, SF bay area, we had two weeks of hot weather just before I lost the 4th bar. Its nice and cool now, down to 50F at night.

J

Back