Los Angeles Metro Area Leafers

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cdub said:
Now that I actually HAVE my Leaf. :) When's the next one?

Congrats on your car! I commute to Glendale College so maybe I'll pass you on the 2!

I read that the next event is Saturday in Cerritos:

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1148

I've been following the posts here for a while. It seems all the LEAF gatherings are at or south of the LA County line. 70+ miles from my location. I'm surprised there is not any interest for any events farther north.... :cool:

Yep, they are too far away for it to be practical for me to take the Leaf to them...

TangoKilo said:
I've been following the posts here for a while. It seems all the LEAF gatherings are at or south of the LA County line. 70+ miles from my location. I'm surprised there is not any interest for any events farther north.... :cool:

I work at Van Nuys airport. Woodley Park, just south of the airport, has been a gathering for many car groups. I'll bet is just as suitable for a bunch of LEAFs (leaves?) ;)

The problem is that, to do it well, you really need a dealer that will support it, an indoor place to hold a meeting, some refreshments, maybe charging, and the like. The folks further south have been very lucky in having a couple of great dealerships and other entities to facilitate and provide this. Up here, we seem to be lacking in dealerships/facilities that are willing to go that extra mile...

TangoKilo said:
I work at Van Nuys airport. Woodley Park, just south of the airport, has been a gathering for many car groups. I'll bet is just as suitable for a bunch of LEAFs (leaves?) ;)

You don't need a dealership's support or a fancy airconditioner meeting room. A gathering at a park or local "choke and puke" is all you need to see other's cars, take pics, trade storys and make friends... Anybody within 30-40 miles could make it without charging. I suspect there are plenty of LEAFs within range... :cool:

Hi all you LA area LEAFers, I decided to just set a date and place and see who shows up. So hope to see you at the IHOP at 2227 N Figueroa St Los Angeles, CA 90065 (cross street Avenue 26) on Friday July 15 at 6pm. I chose this place because 1) I know where it is 2) variety of menu items 3) has ample parking next to restaurant. 4) reasonably accessible to central area LA folks as well as valley folks 5) very close to 110 and 5 freeways.

How will you know me? I am female, 6'3", grey/white short hair, glasses, blue LEAF. I'll be inside in the waiting area. No agenda...just meet each other, share stories, and tall tales.

Kathleen

Hi Kathleen,

That's so cool of you to set up a meeting.

The 405 freeway is going to be shut down for the July 15-17 weekend, so many people are trying to stay off the other freeways because we all expect a big traffic jam on alternate routes.

If you do it a different day, I would try to be there.

Sharyn
Encino, CA

Yes, I know about the 405 shut down....I just thought I would see if anyone local will come. I don't have to take freeway to get there.

According to chargepoint map, there are 15 chargers at the century plaza towers. 15! Somehow I don't think they are open for public though. Anyone knows?

Looks like there is a thread starting for Northern LA County meet up, so I will cancel the proposed IHOP gathering in NE Los Angeles on July 15 and see what is decided in the other thread. Looks like Burbank or Van Nuys will be the meeting place. See you LA area folks there.

Hey Kataphn

You sound like someone I know high up in the hills of Mt. Washington with an old old cat my Canadian parents babysat a couple Christmases back.

lettcco said:
According to chargepoint map, there are 15 chargers at the century plaza towers. 15! Somehow I don't think they are open for public though. Anyone knows?
They are available. New J1772 Coulomb chargers at 2000, 2029 and 2049 Avenue of the Stars, on P1 parking level. Parking costs $3.75 each 12 minutes (not a typo), $34.00 max, or flat $10 after 5pm. Charging is 95¢ an hour billed through Coulomb.

mwalsh said:
KeiJidosha said:
Parking costs $3.75 each 12 minutes (not a typo), $34.00 max, or flat $10 after 5pm. Charging is 95¢ an hour billed through Coulomb.

Bloody hell! When I get my Rolls Royce 102EX, maybe! :?
South Coast Plaza is high, and I thought their high price fees couldn't be worse. Apparently so ... but at least South Coast Plaza charge/parking is free after something like 9PM. Yep, they got by the 'you-know-whats'.

Kataphn said:
Looks like there is a thread starting for Northern LA County meet up, so I will cancel the proposed IHOP gathering in NE Los Angeles on July 15 and see what is decided in the other thread. Looks like Burbank or Van Nuys will be the meeting place. See you LA area folks there.

Hi, where is this thread? not seeing it in Regional discussion...

Back