Minor & Major Alarm light on 2013 Nissan leaf

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluebel1

I am a newbie. I use bluebel1, I am in Texas, I just purchased a 2013 Nissan Leaf. i love it. I am glad I found mynissanleaf.com. Glad to be here, I have several questions. The first thing I noticed on the car was a major and minor alarm symbol in the upper left corner of dash. Does anyone know what this means & possibly how to re-set, or remove, make normal. Thanks

The Master warning light indicates that there is a problem. The second, smaller light should be illuminating an icon that indicates what the issue is. Describe the smaller icon. And welcome to the forum.

Thank you for the welcome. My Leaf is a 2013 SL. The minor alarm was associated with a fire with low air pressure. Put 36# in all tires, the minor alarm we t away. But I am concerned with the major alarm. I talked service department @ local Nissan, the said $150 to diagnose car. If they fix, $150 would be applied to fix. I am afraid to drive car because of alarm. I have to get inspected. Anyone have suggestions as what to do?

LeafSpy Pro and the appropriate dongle for your phone will cost about $50. That will give you the error codes and we can help interpret them.

Try 40psi in the tires, or at the very least 38. The 36psi recommended by Nissan is just too low for safety, range, and good tire wear.

Thank you for info on tires, I Wii up to 40 psi. Amazon is delivering Obd2 tomorrow. I will get Leafspy Pro. Thanks again. Hopefully I will be able to see what major alarm is.

Have you checked here to make sure that the OBDII dongle is compatible with the Leaf? There have been a few that aren't, and one or two of them can damage the car, believe it or not. If in doubt, the one in my signature is reasonably priced and very reliable.

The red master alarm is meant to draw your attention to the fact that there are one or more alarms present somewhere on the dash. Are no other alarms or warnings illuminated? Could you possibly include a picture of the dash?

Back