More Truck-o-Leafs at Fontana

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gonewild said:
DaveinOlyWA
You know who I get my information from and I was told it is currently on a Vessel on its way here. I believe it is about 14 day travel.

well i called my PD, talked with guy who was with regional distribution manager in meeting when i called and said that they had just started going thru all the orders they had for the Leaf about 10 minutes before i called.

he said when he was done that he would be giving me a call along with updating everyone on the list since they all had signed up with Greg to at least say Hi and whatnot. still waiting for his call but kinda sorta got the impression that he probably was not going to have anything concrete yet.

i am beginning to think that none of the first 90 is headed north.

DaveinOlyWA said:

It does seem that way. I wonder of the next ship will be going directly to the NW instead of LB...

I wonder when they will start giving VINs out to the next batch...

malloryk said:
hill said:
considering the spreadsheet, evidently some Fontana recipients are not choosing to participate. On the opposite facet, there's me ... NOT on either of the 1st 2 Fontana delivery trucks. I just called. (sigh) I'll just go back to sitting on my hands.
:cry:
congrats anyway, to all you luckier stiffs

oh also, I just spoke with Danny at Fontana, and he said they have only had one truckload (the one yesterday), not two.

I spoke w/ Joanna, and she told me yes, one carrier arrived, and the other one is expected tomorrow.
anyway - good to see a lot more red font on the spreadsheet!

DaveinOlyWA said:
Not too surprising - If true, I suspect they may want to keep most of the initial deliveries near their rapid response center in Los Angeles in case any issues arise.

I suspect that all the LEAFs on at least the next several ships, probably even any landing in February, will be gone over with a "fine tooth comb", and thus experience significant delays (in port here in the LA harbor area).

But, as the changes get incorporated into the parts chain and manufacturing, everything should speed up substantially.

According to my wife @amerikate, who has yet to drive a LEAF, the collective noun for such an occurrence is a Tree of LEAFs. I kind of like that ;)

Nikki.

(Still waiting her LEAF)

aminorjourney said:
According to my wife @amerikate, who has yet to drive a LEAF, the collective noun for such an occurrence is a Tree of LEAFs. I kind of like that ;)

Nikki.

(Still waiting her LEAF)
Hi Nikki !!
I haven't been keeping up, but how's 'Velma' after the battery mishap?
I thought the Leaf plural would be "a bunch of leaves".
:D

garygid said:
There is a long topic on LEAF-group suggestions.
We had a "rustle of LEAFs" as popular, perhaps for a smaller group.
Bushel seemed good for a big gathering of LEAFs.

And don't forget our "Branch" meet ups!

I haven't seen this posted elsewhere, so apologies if it is in another thread...

Fontana received a second smaller "Truck-o-Leafs" again today!!! Joanna sent this picture out earlier...I see at least one person already got the call from Joanna about pickup, so congrats and I hope you enjoy your new LEAF....

Was it just 2? The back is cropped off the truck. I swear that silver SL is turning into a game of "where's Waldo" :(

Randy said:
I haven't seen this posted elsewhere, so apologies if it is in another thread...

Fontana received a second smaller "Truck-o-Leafs" again today!!! Joanna sent this picture out earlier...I see at least one person already got the call from Joanna about pickup, so congrats and I hope you enjoy your new LEAF....

Woohoo!!!! That white one is mine! Thanks for posting that as Joanna did not mention that she took a photo of my car on the truck!

And TRONZ, there were only 2 on that truck, my white one and that red one.

malloryk said:
oh crap, sorry Tronz. In my haste, I thought that silver one was a Leaf. :(
Malloryk - I'm pretty sure the other one is yours!!!

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?p=49465#p49465

drees said:
malloryk said:
oh crap, sorry Tronz. In my haste, I thought that silver one was a Leaf. :(
Malloryk - I'm pretty sure the other one is yours!!!

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?p=49465#p49465

Looks like it! Fontana, please don't sell my car! I left a message for Danny but I probably won't hear anything until the morning.

Skywagon said:
Randy said:

Woohoo!!!! That white one is mine! Thanks for posting that as Joanna did not mention that she took a photo of my car on the truck!

And TRONZ, there were only 2 on that truck, my white one and that red one.
All right Skywagon can I meat you somewhere I would like to see the retail version that I will be getting soon. I have Rairdon pulling my FICO to get that ball rolling.

I heard from Danny this morning. That's my red car! Should be getting it later on today!! exhale... Hope the rest of you 8/31's get yours this weekend too!!

Back