Mounting Ideas for Nissan Portable Charger?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Devin

I feel like I've seen a thread of this before but I can't, for the life of me, find it using the forum search or Google so if someone knows where it is then please excuse this post.

Now that we've added the SO's Focus Electric to the garage which has taken over the AeroVironment EVSE for 6.6kW charging, my LEAF is relegated to using my EVSEUpgraded Nissan portable charger. Luckily I thought ahead and had a L6-20 outlet put on the other side of the garage anticipating a future second EV but now I'm trying to figure out the best way to mount the portable charger to keep it off the floor (our garage is tight and I don't want to run it over one day). I'd like it not to be too permanent so I can grab-and-go until I get my hands on a really cheap L1 EVSE to keep in the trunk.

What has everyone else been doing to mount their portable chargers?

This thread has some good ideas .
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1352013" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Red SV 1778K miles/12 bars/284Gids/67.19AHr/100% SOH/108.8% Hx on 23 Dec13

fooljoe said:
I just put a wire through the mounting holes and hang it on a hook.
I did the same and I run the cable along the ceiling on bicycle hooks to keep it out of the way and off the floor:

evseoutletandmeter0288s.jpg

j1772connectoronhookonc.jpg

The portable EVSE is simple to take down and put in the car, although I no longer have to do that since I have a second one.

Back