Moving to Norway

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You may construe that as advertising, but I am simply helping a fellow LEAF owner solve a problem. In fact, My whole business mission is all about helping the EV movement succeed and lowering the barriers to EV ownership. I could definitely choose another career and make a lot more money if that were my goal. I used to consult and worked less hard for a better living.

You will note that the overwhelming majority of my thousands of posts here, and my time spent locally at EV owners meetings, are all about assisting the EV community. Sadly, I can't say the same about your posts, you meet all the criteria of a forum "Troll", and it's apparent to anyone here that you are overwhelmingly annoying and negative rather than helpful. I suggest you waste your time in other pursuits, as this is the last time I will see your posts, as I've just added you as a "foe". If you don't want to see my "advertising", please return the courtesy.

-Phil

MikeD said:
Ingineer: Why are you allowed to promote your products freely wherever you want on this forum (I thought vendors had to post somewhere in the Marketplace area)?

From EVNOW (under "New rules for posting Advertisements, Deals, For Sale/Wanted (Feb 11, 2011)" post):
"Posting of products, sale offers, discount codes, promotions, new product releases or purchasing information in general is strictly limited to the Business Ads, Deals, Sales, and Want To Buy section. Any posts of this sort found elsewhere on the forum will be deleted. We reserve the right to ban/delete/edit the posts and the user accounts that are found in violation of these terms.
This does not apply to posts offering support for products or services your company offers. When in doubt, contact us first.".

Perhaps this post falls under the "offering support for products or services", but I have seen other posts of yours that seem to me to be just blatant "promotion" (for the EVSE Upgrade, for example).

Perhaps someone can clarify the current forum rules in this regard -- I don't want to be unfair to Ingineer.

Couple of things.

Ingineer is a paid vendor.

But, more importantly, he is a valuable member of the community. He doesn't post just to promote a service etc., but helps with all sorts of technical questions.

BTW, if anyone has problems with a particular post, click the "report" this post, so that any of the moderators can deal with the issue efficiently.

Hi Justin,

Your EVSE went out in the UPS load today, all ready to go. It's programmed for 16A default, but you can easily dial it down to as low as 6 amps if need be. (Instructions are in the box) You can make up a Shuko and/or IEC to L6-20 adapter and be ready for different outlet types, then (if) you ever move back to the US, your unit will still be ready to use here.

-Phil

Path0gen said:
Thanks all so much for the information. I didn't know that they let you supply your own charging cables to the infrastructure over there. That is radically different than the U.S. and is very much welcome. :) It sounds like I need to get one of those Mennekes to J1772 cables. I also do have the Chademo port equipped on my leaf. I have not ever used a level-3 type quick charge station though... Do those have the cables attached? Or do I need to purchase a Chademo cable also?

I'm a bit lost too about having multiple cables.. At this rate, I would need my EVSE that connects via J1772 and to normal outlets in Norway (which I would use at home); and then I need a Mennekes to J1772 that I can use when in public transit. Does that summarize it correctly? I wanted to make sure I understood... Or can I plug in the Schuko socket into public stations as well, and only use a my EVSE everywhere?

-Justin

Back