My Turtle Stats - 18 miles from battery low to turtle

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just this last week-end, we drove from O.C. to Del Mar in San Diego County. The trip back was planned to be a turtle. By the time we reached the El Toro Y (405fwy & 5fwy junctions), we got the low battery warning. It's about a 3.5 mile drive home from there, and the grade is gently up hill (maybe 400'). At the drive way, it was still 8 miles remaining ... no turtle. bummer.

hill said:
Just this last week-end, we drove from O.C. to Del Mar in San Diego County. The trip back was planned to be a turtle. By the time we reached the El Toro Y (405fwy & 5fwy junctions), we got the low battery warning. It's about a 3.5 mile drive home from there, and the grade is gently up hill (maybe 400'). At the drive way, it was still 8 miles remaining ... no turtle. bummer.
Just over 60 miles each way - how fast were you driving and how much AC? Got more details?

hill said:
In my experience the guessometer gets down to about 3 before you get Very Low Battery and the three dashes. You still have 5 or more miles left after that before turtle mode, so you were a long ways (more than ten miles) from seeing the turtle. But I assure you, you do not want to see the turtle on that long gentle grade. You can keep going for a short distance, but if you have to slow or stop then your maximum speed on even a gentle grade will be about 20 mph, and I would not be at all surprised to hear you came to a dead stop after only a quarter mile of that.

Ray

Back