NC Leaf Orders

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My dashboard actually changed to "week of December 8" today (the day after I picked it up!) and this morning I got the e-mail that my car will be delivered to my dealer very soon! :lol:

Mule, I was kinda thinking along those same lines when the last batch of NC LEAFers got their cars last week, but I bet they assemble trucks for each dealer independently (or maybe a pair of dealers if their order is small) with not just LEAFs but other Nissans as well. Don't worry though--if it's not already on a truck headed to Wilkesboro it's probably at least sitting in Norfolk waiting to be loaded onto one.

By the way, mine came with a "2011 car of the year" sticker on the back window. They sure got the final assembly teams up to speed slapping those on pretty quickly!

Oh, one more thing. I asked the dealer about the $99 reservation fee (that should be returned now that I've purchased). They told me that that $99 went to Nissan, not to the dealer, so it would be Nissan that would return it. I hope that's right. :?

I have the Aerovironment Charging station thru Progress Energy, my power here cycled, and the "Ready to Charge" light is not on. It seems like the installer told me about this possible situation, and there was some series of steps to reset it. I have tried cycling the power, pushing different combinations of the start and stop buttons, nothing helps. Any ideas before I call the installer back on Monday?

NuclearLeaf said:
I have the Aerovironment Charging station thru Progress Energy, my power here cycled, and the "Ready to Charge" light is not on. It seems like the installer told me about this possible situation, and there was some series of steps to reset it. I have tried cycling the power, pushing different combinations of the start and stop buttons, nothing helps. Any ideas before I call the installer back on Monday?

They only told me to cycle the breaker in that event (which is also what the manual says). The only special button press combo they showed me was pressing both buttons at the same time to do the system test.

lpickup said:
Oh, one more thing. I asked the dealer about the $99 reservation fee (that should be returned now that I've purchased). They told me that that $99 went to Nissan, not to the dealer, so it would be Nissan that would return it. I hope that's right. :?

That is correct; the $99 will be refunded to the same form of payment you used when you paid them (i.e. credit card). After purchasing, you will receive an email letting you know it is being processed and a few more days later it will go as a credit into your account. Give it a week or two and you will see it in your card's activity. :)

I talked to Aerovironment today, about my problems with the charging station, (not ready to charge since the power outage). They were able to reset the unit remotely, yes they can connect to the unit by the cell phone service that Progress Energy uses to report the data that they are interested in. The unit is now working like it is suppose to. I hope this was just a glitch, and they won't have to reset it after each power failure. Anyway it would appear that both Progress Energy and Aerovironment has access to the charging unit.

harryjpowell said:
So how many Leaf's have been delivered in NC? Is it time to start planning a meetup or get together?

Great idea - I'll drive over to meet you .... in my ... at... hey, waitaminit...

Yep, stuck pining away in Pending Purgatory (and I'm not alone).

My dashboard has remainded at Dec 12, and despite quite a few NC Leafers getting their ride a few days ahead of their delivery date, I'm still experiencing the official North Carolina state tree:

wait for it

the Long Leaf-Pine

Just didn't want y'all to think MuleFerg had cornered the market on bad puns.
But seriously, eventually I'd like to meet some other Leaf drivers in the Triad - looking forward to getting to Modern Nissan [Winston-Salem] the day I get the Call.

muleferg said:
Ok recent Leaf Getters.Fill us in. The good, bad, and ETC#$%%^& :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Mule

Mule, I'm keeping a blog with my experiences/impressions:

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/blog.php?u=4448" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

In a nutshell, it's a fantastic car and I'm having a great time exploring all the technology in it. We nearly got bit by the cold weather range and the effect using the heater has on range, but I am very quickly getting used to (a) driving efficiently (the first few days it's hard not to really step on the accelerator to see what it's got!) and (b) learning how much battery typical trips take to common destinations. After only 3 full days with the car I am becoming extremely confident in knowing how far the car will go on a given charge. I expected a learning curve in this area, but it's actually coming very quickly.

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/blog.php?u=4448" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Very interesting. I've owned the GEM for 5 years. and learned about EV cars. The anxiety attack, learning all the spots to plug in to get back home. Looking forward learning about the Leaf. I will go to the Nisson store today and play with the demo. playing and reading the manual.

Happy Leafing :lol:
Mule

Just wondered if anyone else in the Greensboro/High Pt/Winston-Salem area is having any problems with final delivery?

I've gone from a delivery date week of Dec 12 [unchanged in the past 4 weeks or so] to 'Pending' back on Wednesday early morning. No further details are available thru the My Account website other than telling me that final delivery occurs 3-4m after order placment (wrong). Several calls to customer service only let me know that the dealer invoice went out 12/12...

Thanks in advance. :)

Ispooz. What is your vin #?. My number is 5597 and there were 2 Leafs delivered to Raleigh in the 6100 range. Fiqure that out. My delivery date is 21st.It has changed at least 8 times.
I talked with Jesse Bush said it would be here Dec 7 or 8.
Santa is on his way.

Mule :lol:

lspooz said:
Just wondered if anyone else in the Greensboro/High Pt/Winston-Salem area is having any problems with final delivery?

I've gone from a delivery date week of Dec 12 [unchanged in the past 4 weeks or so] to 'Pending' back on Wednesday early morning. No further details are available thru the My Account website other than telling me that final delivery occurs 3-4m after order placment (wrong). Several calls to customer service only let me know that the dealer invoice went out 12/12...

Thanks in advance. :)

If your dealer received the invoice on the 12th (monday), the car could have left the port on tuesday or wednesday depending on how busy the port is these days. If the truck has deliveries for several dealerships, it may take a bit longer.

In my case, the truck arrived with my LEAF about 72 hours after the invoice; in your case it has been only one day more so far and you are further from the port that I'm.

You can call the dealership as they may be waiting to finish the prep before calling you to tell you that your car is ready at the front waiting for you.

Does anyone know if Progress Energy Plugged-In program is still accepting folks? All of a sudden I get to order the leaf I've wanted for 2 years. Woo-hoo!

copdoc said:
Does anyone know if Progress Energy Plugged-In program is still accepting folks? All of a sudden I get to order the leaf I've wanted for 2 years. Woo-hoo!

Don't know for sure, but I suspect they are. I would definitely sign up on their web site.

Back