Nearly Free Electric Car Leases in a State Near You?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeD

Link: http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/business/2013/05/nearly-free-electric-car-leases-in-a-state-near-you/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

MikeD said:
Link: http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/business/2013/05/nearly-free-electric-car-leases-in-a-state-near-you/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I love lazy journalism, ABC lifted this from the Wall St Journal which ran the article on 5/22

theresarondeau said:
I have read that article.Those are not actually free they are just the publicity stunts to attract more customers.
You may have read it, but I don't think you understood it.

(Cost of lease + cost of electricity/month) is less than (or very near) cost of gas/month for previous car

theresarondeau said:
I have read that article.Those are not actually free they are just the publicity stunts to attract more customers.

and this is unusual? after this article, the next one we need to read is Tesla's $500 month payment plan!

theresarondeau said:
in addition to pushing propaganda to further someone's agenda the next mission of the media is to promote businesses and products.
nothing new here

Its city range is 129 miles while its highway range is 102 miles, says Nissan.

This is news to me, did I miss something? The article also seems to stress the subsidies of the LEAF and EVs in general, which is true. But, there was only one paragraph about the electricity costing only $45/mo. (with solar). It would be nice if these journalists would contact, say five drivers of EVs to get a better understanding of the total cost of ownership of an EV.

ERG4ALL said:

This is news to me, did I miss something? The article also seems to stress the subsidies of the LEAF and EVs in general, which is true. But, there was only one paragraph about the electricity costing only $45/mo. (with solar). It would be nice if these journalists would contact, say five drivers of EVs to get a better understanding of the total cost of ownership of an EV.

ya, "he" missed a LOT.. that is not "miles" its "MPGe" iow, how far you can go if your battery held the equivalent energy of a gallon of gas

ERG4ALL said:

this is just one small example of the ineptness/laziness of the news media, if the get things so wrong on a fluff piece like this can you imagine how poor the reportage of "real news" is?

Back