Nearly ran over a pedestrian today.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
padamson1 said:
Leafboy said:
Just stumbled onto this post. I have added a Bermuda Bell that I connected with a remote switch. Works well in parking lots and on the road for cyclists. When I have used it for cyclists they usually smile and wave at me. They are notified, but are not scared to death by my Towncar horns.
Added or replaced? I'd like to add a secondary warning device, but can't think of a place to put the trigger switch.

Either way I'd be interested in which kind you got (electronic or mechanical) and how you rigged the trigger

I bought the electric model. It is mounted just under the front cover under the hood on the left side. I used a metal mounting bracket, bending it so that the bell was lower than the cover. I also bought a momentary remote control wireless switch and mounted the remote with Velcro over one of the blank switches to the left of the steering column. I can take pictures of it if you are interested in doing this update also.

Leafboy said:
I bought the electric model. It is mounted just under the front cover under the hood on the left side. I used a metal mounting bracket, bending it so that the bell was lower than the cover. I also bought a momentary remote control wireless switch and mounted the remote with Velcro over one of the blank switches to the left of the steering column. I can take pictures of it if you are interested in doing this update also.
Trigger switch placement doesn't sound all that convenient but that's probably where I would've put it too. Pictures would be great, but those details might belong on on the horn enhancement thread.

padamson1 said:
Leafboy said:
Trigger switch placement doesn't sound all that convenient but that's probably where I would've put it too. Pictures would be great, but those details might belong on on the horn enhancement thread.
I have upgraded my horns too. This is classified as a pedestrian warning bell as I see it. BTW here are links the equipment I used:

Switch

Bell

It was connected to the acc battery so I also used an inline fuse.

Will work on some pix or vid soon.

davewill said:
ztanos said:
davewill said:
It was daytime.
Are they not LED?
Why? Does that somehow make them more noticeable in daylight? :roll:

Actually, yes. As the brightness goes up. I have no issue noticing plain halogen back up lights, so I imagine that if they were LED like on a Cadilac, it would be hard to miss. Those things are bright.

Leafboy said:
I have upgraded my horns too. This is classified as a pedestrian warning bell as I see it. BTW here are links the equipment I used:

Switch

Bell

Look forward to the A/V.

That was the exact same model horn I looked at a few weeks ago. Ah...the power and limits of Google...

mwalsh said:
I've found myself being more vigilant than I used to be in my ICE cars, assuming that in this age of mass distraction pedestrians and cyclists (even with VSP on) are not going to notice me. Last thing I want to do is damage my pretty LEAF! ;)

SAME! Knowing this is such a quiet car, I don't take it for granted that people will notice me. Even though I haven't had it long, I do see a difference in people's ability to realize my presence. Add to the fact I nearly always have it on Eco to keep me slowed down...this car has made me a MUCH more careful driver! :D

padamson1 said:
Leafboy said:

Switch

Bell

Look forward to the A/V.

That was the exact same model horn I looked at a few weeks ago. Ah...the power and limits of Google...

Started a new thread for the mod:
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=9940" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Back