Need additional Key FOBs

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zialeaf

Hello -

I recently bought a 2013 LEAF, but the owner only had one key FOB for the vehicle.

Is there an alternative to buying a new key from Nissan to save some money?

Steve in NM

You can check out the following alternatives. I have no experience with them, but I've heard good things about them:
* keylessentryremotefob.com
* Local BatteriesPlus store or online

henrydehoja said:
You can check out the following alternatives. I have no experience with them, but I've heard good things about them:
* keylessentryremotefob.com
* Local BatteriesPlus store or online

Thank you!

Apparently, good locksmiths who have expertise with modern automotive FOB based key systems can program aftermarket FOBs that are much, much cheaper than getting one from Nissan.

Best regards,

Steve

I lost one of my keys, and purchased a new Nissan key for about $50 on EBay. Then I tried to get a locksmith to program it and it would have been 80$ to program it and they would not recommend it because they have failures with "aftermarket" keys. They would not believe I had a real Nissan key. Then, a year later, the lost key fell out of a pair of dress pants where they had been hiding all along.

But anyway, check with the locksmith first to see if they will work with third party keys.

MikeinPA said:
I lost one of my keys, and purchased a new Nissan key for about $50 on EBay. Then I tried to get a locksmith to program it and it would have been 80$ to program it and they would not recommend it because they have failures with "aftermarket" keys. They would not believe I had a real Nissan key. Then, a year later, the lost key fell out of a pair of dress pants where they had been hiding all along.

But anyway, check with the locksmith first to see if they will work with third party keys.

Thanks, very good to know. I'll be sure to ask the locksmith if A.) they will work with third party keys and, B.) whether they can source the keys as well, OEM or third party.

Steve

Back