!New here, NEED NEED NEED NEED the 2011 MAP data for Leaf!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

omgitsnickels

First off, my name is Nick Kropelnicki, I am a technician for a used car dealer here in Colorado ,Rocky Mountain Eurosport. I signed up for this website in DESPERATE search for an item for one of our cars that I lost and I need to look for another.

I would have posted this in the for sale/wtb thread but there was no option to post a thread which I'm assuming my post count is to blame since I just signed up.

I'm in a HUGE pickle. We have a 2011 Nissan Leaf that came without the MAP data SD card, and I have since ordered one for it. A holy pocket wardrobe malfunction came my way and I have lost this precious piece of plastic and as you may or may not know, the computer system will not function without this card, even the radio and climate won't display without it!

Is there ANYONE willing to part with a 2011 SD card, (or is it possible to download the data and make a copy onto a correctly formatted 8GB SDHC?) I'm going to wind up eating this because I lost the original one the dealer paid for. If someone is willing to sell me one, or even Copy the data to a dropbox or something, I would be EXTREMELY grateful. I can't afford to buy one of these things brand new, especially for something that isn't even my personal car.

PM me ASAP if you can help. I have a genuine Paypal account.

Other than that, Nice to meet you guys! I've never driven a Leaf before, and these are some ZIPPY little cars! I never would have expected an electric would have so much giddy-up. I might just have to look into getting me one :)

Unfortunately, even if they were willing to do so, it would do you no good as the SD card uses a security process that marries a new card to the head unit. Thus, even if you got a used one from another vehicle, it would not work in yours. Only a new, virgin card will work.

omgitsnickels said:
Is there ANYONE willing to part with a 2011 SD card, (or is it possible to download the data and make a copy onto a correctly formatted 8GB SDHC?)

The #1 Rule of us computer geeks is: If it can be programmed or secured, it can be unsecured as well with the right brain :) Let's just say I'm MORE than plenty proficient in computers so I would most likely be able to spoof it. I've done a few Nissan rogues that way once. We had 2 of em, one with a card, one without. I basically had the company buy a blank SD card that matched the specs of the original and I just changed the file allocation format. IIRC on the Rogue, The "Marriage" part was determined by the File format and volume label on the card, which can be modified.

Now all of this, I'm going off assumption that the Leaf will work the same way, but I'd rather pay 20 bucks for a Blank and not have it work, but still have a spare SD card rather than a new NAV card.

All I know is I REALLY don't wanna have to eat the 144 dollars for my dumb mishap.
If someone would be willing to dropbox it or compress the data to a file hosting, I would gladly pay someone for their time to help me with this.

Well, I don't KNOW you can't do it, although if they are using the security features of the Secure Digital card, then I think you will fail. I'd note that if I were to buy a used LEAF from you and found that something like this had been done without being disclosed, I'd be pretty annoyed, especially if it caused a problem at any time in the future.

BTW, you ought to get your story straight. Did the car come in without the card, or did it fall out of your pocket? You managed to say both.

Yes, that is exactly what they are doing. Buying a new one is the only option.

davewill said:
Well, I don't KNOW you can't do it, although if they are using the security features of the Secure Digital card, then I think you will fail.

davewill said:
BTW, you ought to get your story straight. Did the car come in without the card, or did it fall out of your pocket? You managed to say both.
My guess is that cracking the security features is probably illegal, so not sure why anyone would want to help a stranger who just joined the board do something illegal to save him $144 for screwing up (taking the story at face value).

davewill said:
His message was quite clear to me:
(1) Car came without SD card.
(2) Company ordered and received replacement from Nissan.
(3) He stuck it in his pocket, intending to install it later AND LOST IT THROUGH A HOLE IN HIS POCKET.
(4) He figures that company will have to order another and will dock his pay.
(5) He's looking far a way out.

Right?

DoxyLover said:
davewill said:
His message was quite clear to me:
(1) Car came without SD card.
(2) Company ordered and received replacement from Nissan.
(3) He stuck it in his pocket, intending to install it later AND LOST IT THROUGH A HOLE IN HIS POCKET.
(4) He figures that company will have to order another and will dock his pay.
(5) He's looking far a way out.

Right?
Yep.

Back