New Leaf Owner in St.Louis, Mo.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dietersrover

Hello all
Just wanted to say "Hello" and thanks for all the great info.
Just purchased a 2013 Black SV with all around camera and Bose system. Loving it so far. I leased for two years, thinking that the technology will change and I will have more options at that point.
I'm planing on doing the EVSE upgrade soon, but still using the L1 for now.
It's my understanding that St.Louis is the 10th EV market in the USA, and more charging stations are popping up all the time.
Which got me thinking, I would like to send out a letter to my local community, i.e. retailers, movie theaters etc. about adding these charging stations and the benefit which will come from it.
Is there some documentation that already exist on this matter?
Thanks again.

Great to hear, welcome! Perhaps the following article, and particularly Paul Scott's comment on it, would provide some food for thought:

Ensuring free parking for EV, low-emission vehicles
newownermnl

Paul Scott said:
Mayor Pam O'Connor's reticence to incentivize EVs with free parking runs counter to my experience as an EV salesman. I've sold over 450 Nissan LEAF electric cars over the past three years and can assure you that the free parking in Santa Monica is a big deal to them.

It's also a big deal for the economy of Santa Monica. The average internal combustion car driver spends about $2,000/year for their fuel. Over 90% of that money leaves our city. Those gas stations on the corner suck tens of millions of dollars out of our community every year. As people switch to using renewable electricity instead of gasoline or diesel, they spend about 20% for the electricity compared to what they were spending for gas. This 20 cents on the dollar goes to the local utility and the 80 cents on the dollar stays in the consumer's pocket. The EV driver can now spend those dollars for local goods and services, generating jobs and keeping that wealth here in our town instead of giving it to the likes of the Koch brothers or some Saudi prince.

Our environment gets cleaner and our economy stronger. Let's keep the incentives for EVs until we reach parity with the cost of gas cars. It's good for our community.

Great idea, totally agree. Many benefits for retailers, especially lunch / coffee spots, shopping centers, etc. Wonder what the cost for them would be?

Shoot me an email if you want to meet up for coffee and brainstorm / BS for 15 min.

A hearty welcome! We have a 2011 LEAF Vin #404 that was built in Opama, Japan. We have over 26,000 miles and all 12 battery capacity bars are still showing. It's a great car and I hope you have a great time with it and help spread the word that an EV is an outstanding second car (and in the future a great first car).

Back