New update?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charlestonleafer

So I got an email last night saying there was an update available for my vehicle, and to go to the nearest dealer whenever I have time. Carwings reminded me of the same this morning. Did anyone else get this message, or did it just take them a few months to realize my car needed the update?

I got the email below also. Interestingly, it states that is comes with a whole new Owner's Manual.

REASON FOR CAMPAIGN

Nissan continually improves product performance through ongoing enhancements. Based on the production date of your LEAF vehicle, Nissan would like to offer a complimentary update of the vehicle software. Nissan has added an additional driver-convenience alert designed to notify the driver if their door is opened while the vehicle is still in the "ON" or "READY" mode, and the shift selector is not in "P."

The software update also includes various enhancements to, among other things, information displays, HVAC operation, and diagnostic systems.

WHAT NISSAN WILL DO

To assure your continued satisfaction and confidence in your car, your EV-certified Nissan Dealer will update the software at no cost for parts and labor at a time and location that best meets your needs. Typically performed at your Nissan EV Dealer, the update can also be completed by an EV-certified technician at your home or place of business, provided there is a suitable and safe work area. Please discuss with your Nissan EV Dealer regarding timing and location.

In support of this software update, a new owner's manual will also be provided.

Got mine this morning, software update and a front end bracket. Just hope the software update gets rid of that annoying start up procedure..........you guys know which one I'm talking about :lol:

Got mine last night but I'm going to wait and see if you guys like the new update. :) I'm kinda used to mine by now. I will take it in at 7500 (5k currently) to have it done but I may take it sooner if I hear some good feedback here.

i'm taking mine in. I called and they ordered a bracket for me,
they say the owners manual will take a bit to get, not surprised.
just hop they do it all correctly and get me an updated owners manual and not just one like I have now
More important I hope the changes are useful to the driver (me) :|
we will see.....

walter said:
Got mine this morning, software update and a front end bracket. Just hope the software update gets rid of that annoying start up procedure..........you guys know which one I'm talking about :lol:

What is this about a "front end bracket"? I got the email, but no mention of a front end bracket.

It's supposed to reduce snow and ice incursion... Some people get it and some don't, presumably based on where you live and the manufacturing date of your vehicle. However, some people in warm climates (Florida and southern California) have received notification that contained it and some in cold climates have received notifications that did not. So, go figure... (I live in Los Angeles and my notification DOES include the bracket reference...)

FairwoodRed said:
walter said:
What is this about a "front end bracket"? I got the email, but no mention of a front end bracket.

TomT said:
It's supposed to reduce snow and ice incursion... Some people get it and some don't, presumably based on where you live and the manufacturing date of your vehicle. However, some people in warm climates (Florida and southern California) have received notification that contained it and some in cold climates have received notifications that did not. So, go figure... (I live in Los Angeles and my notification DOES include the bracket reference...)

You can be in SoCal and not that far from snow (mountains).

I'm not sure about Florida though.... maybe sand.. :)

vin944 said:
Got mine last night but I'm going to wait and see if you guys like the new update. :) I'm kinda used to mine by now. I will take it in at 7500 (5k currently) to have it done but I may take it sooner if I hear some good feedback here.

+1!

So if your email doesn't refer to the bracket, can you still request it at the dealership? Anybody has a pic of what it looks like, either on or off the car? Thanks.

I'm sure you can request it but if the campaign for a specific vehicle doesn't cover it, I'm also sure they will charge you for it... There is a picture of it elsewhere on the forum...

Volusiano said:
So if your email doesn't refer to the bracket, can you still request it at the dealership? Anybody has a pic of what it looks like, either on or off the car? Thanks.

Back