Nissan Leaf 40kwh radiator fan noise

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Extati

Hello,

Me and my wife just got a brand new Nissan Leaf 2019 Tekna+ back in september.

We live in Danmark, and now the temperature is gerning low we need more heat in the car.

Our question is, the two fans on the radiator is very lound! Sound Like they are on full speed all the time, is that normal? I know the heat pump needs air to heat up, but dont know if they need to run on full speed all the time?

I notied in late summer, that they did it to on AC mode, but guessed thats normal? It is on our other fossil cars ;-)

Hope to hear from someone else with fully running fans.

Thanks

If the fans sound like an average four or six cylinder engine idling, that's normal. If they are louder then there may be a thermostatic switch issue with the fans. Try turning the heat off, and see if the fans stop soon after that.

They Sound “normal” just running fast if you Can say that? :D

If I Press the heat button they stop - if I Press the AC, then they spin up again.

Outside temperature is around -2 thesse days.

Note - when we got the car, there was a o-ring who was leaking, so Nissan took it in an replaced that and refilled the system.

I have seen the post around here with the faulty sensor, so they Will run on full speed when charging and so on, but when we charge at home no fans are running ;)

On my 2014 LEAF 24kWh, with the heating on with outside temperature round about 0C, the fans behind the radiator sound like a hovercraft about to embark on a journey. Turn the heating "off" and everything reverts to silence.

Back