Nissan Leaf App Not Compatible with Android 4.1 Jelly Bean

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Leaf app does not work with stock 4.1.1 on my galaxy nexus. From past experience a new version of the app should be available shortly before the next OS release from Google, which will break it once again.

Heck, I'm still on ICS and the Leaf app doesn't quite work properly most of the time. Extremely slow to update IF it updates; otherwise, the screen never refreshes and need to log out and log back in to see the status update.

All other apps on my phone work perfectly fine. The Nissan Leaf Android app is the ONLY one that absolutely fails...

waitingforaleaf said:
The Nissan Leaf Android app is the ONLY one that absolutely fails...
To be fair, Skype fails quite regularly on my Samsung S3 as well. :p Not that I'm excusing the LEAF app - it really borders on unusable most of the time.

There are time when the webapp that you can access using the browser on your phone or on your PC does not work. (https://www.nissanusa.com/owners/vehicles" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) I usually use the webapp version on my phone. It tends to be a bit more reliable and has all the same functionality.

It's the Nissan way!

DeaneG said:
The Leaf app does not work with stock 4.1.1 on my galaxy nexus. From past experience a new version of the app should be available shortly before the next OS release from Google, which will break it once again.

I'm using CyanogenMod 10 (Jelly Bean 4.1.1) on a Nexus S 4G and have found that the LEAF app is working better than it ever has before on Android. It's not as good as the app on iOS or the web interface, but I'm not having any major issues with it any more.

On my Nexus 7 tablet running JB 4.1.1, the Leaf app cannot even be downloaded from the Play store, it shows as "incompatible with your device." Is there somewhere I can download the apk and sideload it to see if it works?
Thx,
TT

waitingforaleaf said:
Heck, I'm still on ICS and the Leaf app doesn't quite work properly most of the time. Extremely slow to update IF it updates; otherwise, the screen never refreshes and need to log out and log back in to see the status update.

All other apps on my phone work perfectly fine. The Nissan Leaf Android app is the ONLY one that absolutely fails...

Not sure if I'm on JB or ICS, but agree that the Leaf app is the one that stands out as buggy. Have been running it for two months now on my Galaxy S-III, same every time:

- Not listed in running apps.
- Have to go to all apps and then stop it.
- Can then restart and then it's good for an update or something.
- Hard to change settings, it seems to hang each time.

Does Leaf Link exist for droid? I have an iphone and the nissan app is basically useless. It constantly requires a re-login and often requires me to type my entire credentials again. Then it just takes forever to login before I can even tell it to do anything. The Leaf Link app (free) simply works, so I've moved over to it.

Back