Nissan Leaf Sat Nav issues.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Davidh55

Hi - driving Dec 2020 Leaf E+ Tekna in Uk - 62KwH Battery - 15,000 miles approx.
Having issues with SatNav wrongly reporting insufficient range. See attached photos - car had 115 miles range approx - planned SatNav route home ( 71 miles) and system reported I would only have 1% battery left when getting home ( so no scope for rerouting due to accidents / road closures etc) whereas I should arrive home with about 20% charge.
Have had vehicle in to Nissan for diagnostics and also given them photographic evidence of problem and technician said he had talked to Nissan and they say this is how it works and is normal. If this is normal then SatNav is next to useless.
Has anyone else experienced this as I would find it impossible to plan a rout on the in-built satnav where I was needing to plan charging stops as it appears to be using incorrect range and SOC parameters.

Attachments

• IMG_1863.jpg
    IMG_1863.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1864.jpg
    IMG_1864.jpg
    713.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1865.jpg
    IMG_1865.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Seems that the satnav hasn't really gotten any better since 2012, and my brother's 2023 40kWh seems to support the fact. I'd recommend using A Better Routeplanner on your phone to plan routes that include charging, if you pay for premium you can even get it on the Leaf screen through Carplay/Android Auto.

Back