Nissan owner survey

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I got that same stupid JD Power survey. I called them up and told them how worthless it was and why, and that any data that they actually got from it would be bogus. They didn't seem to care.

GeekEV said:
daniel said:
This is what I hate about surveys! 90% of them have something like this. If you refuse to lie it will not let you submit the survey! Most surveys are constructed by morons.
Yeah, like the new auto satisfaction survey I got from JD Power about the LEAF. How many cylinders? Um, none. Average MPG? n/a. Transmission type? n/a. Of course, those weren't options... :lol:

I also would not want to see an induction type of charging. It has to cost more than the plug-in type and that would make public charging stations fewer and farther between. My preference is a 6.6 kW plug-in charger.

GeekEV said:
RickS said:
Just finished it myself. Did anyone else notice the picture of the 120V EVSE had the 120/240 EVSE modification twist lock plug on it? :lol:
I haven't taken it yet. I'll have to watch for that. Too funny if true...
Yep, that's definitely an L6-20 on there. In fact, after double checking it with evseupgrade.com, it's the EXACT SAME picture. Not cool guys, ripping off someone elses image... :shock:

hobbyguy said:
Agreed! Just one question bugged me:
Does your car have:
1. Quick Charge
2. Cold Weather Package
3. I don't know

We'll I don't have either 1 or 2 and I do know that I don't have them, but I had to answer , would not let me continue. I answered all three as yes :roll:
Same issue. I decided to not continue this poorly written survey.

smkettner said:
Huh ? That one question convinced you it was a poorly written survey not worth continueing ?

Yes. If I cannot even identify my car properly it would seem to nulify future questions.
Actually I could not truthfully check any of the boxes to that question and the survey would not let me continue until I checked at least one. So the survey apparently does not need info for my vehicle or does not apply. Not my problem.

When I was presented the survey, that first question had square check-mark boxes. It seemed perfectly clear to me, although I did not try to check all three :!: But a fourth box ("neither") would have been nice.

In contrast the next question had round "radio" buttons, only one of which you could "push".

In general the survey was ok from a design standpoint, and I was happy to add a lot of info in the areas where they presented text boxes.

Does your car have:
1. Quick Charge
2. Cold Weather Package
3. I don't know

I don't have the QC or cold weather package. After attempting to get beyond this question 4 or 5 times with no boxes checked, it finally let me move on to the next question and complete the survey.

smkettner said:
hobbyguy said:
Agreed! Just one question bugged me:
Does your car have:
1. Quick Charge
2. Cold Weather Package
3. I don't know

We'll I don't have either 1 or 2 and I do know that I don't have them, but I had to answer , would not let me continue. I answered all three as yes :roll:
Depending on whether or not I care about the company, I will give a random answer, and then harangue in the comments section against a question worded in such a way that every choice is wrong and "none of the above" not given as an option. A well-written survey will include "n/a" as an option for every question.

Cold Weather Package is an option that you can add to your trim.

I think they just added it in the last few days as it's showing up in my dashboard as an option. I'm in the RAQ phase and hadn't finalized my PD yet. There's a thread about it:

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=4037
Cold Weather Nissan Leaf info!

Basically gives you heated seats, and battery block:

battery heater
heated front and rear seats
heated steering wheel
rear seat heat duct
heated outside mirrors

Would you guys have gotten it if it were available when you ordered? The MSRP for it is $930. I'm looking for any input for or against. Thanks in advance.

Nope, here in Southern California I have no need for it. Particularly for a grand. If heated seats were available separately for much less, I might have considered those...

lyreigto said:
Would you guys have gotten it if it were available when you ordered? The MSRP for it is $930. I'm looking for any input for or against. Thanks in advance.

mogur said:
Nope, here in Southern California I have no need for it. Particularly for a grand. If heated seats were available separately for much less, I might have considered those...

what mogur said. the SO likes 'em.

lyreigto said:

I'm in Dallas and I would have added it.

j.

lyreigto said:
Cold Weather Package is an option that you can add to your trim.

I think they just added it in the last few days as it's showing up in my dashboard as an option. I'm in the RAQ phase and hadn't finalized my PD yet. There's a thread about it:

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=4037

battery heater
heated steering wheel
rear seat heat duct
heated outside mirrors

Here in Spokane, it's not necessary. Back when I lived in North Dakota I never wanted heated seats (my pants kept my butt warm enough) but I'd have given my eye teeth (figuratively speaking) for a heated steering wheel, since my fingers always got cold, and I could not drive safely wearing mittens bulky enough to keep them warm.

But at nearly a thousand bucks, no, I think it's overpriced.

I think it would be worth $1000 over the life of the car just in mileage savings on running that power-hungry heater. And I'm at the southern end of the SF bay area where we only see frost half a dozen times a winter.

Ray

lyreigto said:

battery heater
heated steering wheel
rear seat heat duct
heated outside mirrors

Yes. Although it is a bit expensive at $930.
But I like all the options. In the Leaf I do miss the Bose stereo, leather seats, and sunroof that I have in my Altima.
But the extremely low operating cost and fun factor of the Leaf easily off sets the missing options.
Would buy it again. No regrets.
And if Nissan will make a decent performance plug-in hybrid with 45 miles electric range I'll buy that and trade in the Altima.
The Leaf alone is eliminating 85% of my houshold's use of gasoline. A plug-in hybrid with 45 miles electric range would get rid of 2/3 of the remaining gasoline use.

A 45-mile plug-in hybrid would have a lot going for it, but there are some down sides as well: The weight AND cost of BOTH an engine and a battery pack; all the maintenance of a gas car; reduced available storage space... And the heavy battery pack would lower FE when running the ICE, while the weight of the ICE would reduce the range in EV mode.

I once thought this would be the ideal car, and two years ago I'd have bought a Volt had it been available then, with the 40-mile range they were promising for it at the time. I now think I prefer a Prius for long road trips and a pure EV for local driving. Even with a 40-mile range, I would not now trade off my Prius and my Zap Xebra for a Volt.

Back