Nissan Tests New Heat-Resistant Battery For Leaf

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They may eventually post something I might be interested in. If they are real trouble makers they'll eventually get banned and then I don't have to worry about wasting my time seeing their posts.

surfingslovak said:
Lasareath said:
I never put anyone on my ignore lists, for any forum. How can you see if they are talking about you if you have them on ignore?
But isn't that the whole point? What if you wanted to improve the signal-to-noise ratio or focus on the topics you were interested in?

Lasareath said:
I never put anyone on my ignore lists, for any forum. How can you see if they are talking about you if you have them on ignore?
It's the social media equivalent of book burning. Plus I figure I'll never gain new perspectives only listening to people I already agree with.

Surfingslovaks point is well taken though, a more positive slant is to give priority to known high value contributors. Face it, when Tony Williams, Ingineer, or EFHutton speak, people listen.

LTLFTcomposite said:
Lasareath said:
It's the social media equivalent of book burning. Plus I figure I'll never gain new perspectives only listening to people I already agree with.
This forum could use a few additions, such as reputation scores, and even karma ratings on individual posts. Search could be better too. I'm not complaining, just mentioning what could help make this forum an even more useful tool. I frequent several of these boards, and some of them have clearly thought about and invested into various mechanisms that can help find and follow the content one might be interested in. That said, the ignore list here on MNL is pretty benign, you still see the posts, but they are collapsed by default. It takes all of one click to access the content. I sometimes found myself looking at ignored posts, until I'm sufficiently convinced that it's a waste of my time. Conversely, I have also unblocked posters when I felt that it was warranted. I might unblock toasty. I think that it was his Volt posts that did it for me. I'm not sure if I feel the same way about theaveng or OPECsux though. Anyway, I wouldn't want to derail the focus of this discussion from what I'm interested in: the battery and Nissan's reaction to the concerns owners have expressed.

The foe list saves time and aggravation. I use it selectively, but let's face it, some posters provide more value than others. Lopping off the bottom 5% on the quality scale doesn't lose anything.

toasty said:
[...] The company will post a detailed announcement sometime today on the MyNissanLeaf forum.
[...]

Hi - did Nissan post this and does anyone have the link to it? I see this thread where it might be hidden, that was referenced by mwalsh, but I don't know where to begin to look for a Nissan announcement, if it was announced there.

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13192" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

jlsoaz said:
toasty said:
[...] The company will post a detailed announcement sometime today on the MyNissanLeaf forum.
[...]

Hi - did Nissan post this and does anyone have the link to it? I see this thread where it might be hidden, that was referenced by mwalsh, but I don't know where to begin to look for a Nissan announcement, if it was announced there.

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13192" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The only Nissan representative posting in an official function appears to be Brian. I would recommend perusing his most recent post to see if they contain anything you might have been interested to hear:

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/search.php?author_id=9808&sr=posts" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

LTLFTcomposite said:
Lasareath said:

I don't abide universally just to guarantee an open mind by default. You've got to have some standards and I ignore folks usually not because I disagree with them but if they are unbearably monotonous, mean-spirited, or simply bat-sh** crazy. On my foes list here I have 6 mean-spirited, 1 bat-sh** crazy and I think 2 others that were simply broken records. And one of the broken records I generally agreed with, iirc.

Maybe I'm depriving myself but I feel like I had my full of their perspectives. :)

surfingslovak said:
jlsoaz said:
toasty said:
[...]

The only Nissan representative posting in an official function appears to be Brian. I would recommend perusing his most recent post to see if they contain anything you might have been interested to hear:

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/search.php?author_id=9808&sr=posts" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks, Brian's summary appears to be here on page 35.

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13192&p=320754#p320754" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

mwalsh said:
And I think that thread is the one that's going to keep Nissan's attention, since they started it!

While this seems like a good point, I'd say overall that sometimes I am not sure what is the right criteria for starting a thread. Often I will see a fresh take on an old topic and be inclined to start a thread. If it's a topic that I know exists, but which I think is obscured by the number of pages in that thread, I will sometimes go ahead anyway. After all, one could argue that we oughtn't have more than one single thread ever, and all topics are subsumed within that. I think it sometimes seems useful to jump-start a topic once in awhile by starting a fresh thread to bring some attention to it.

The admonitions that usually arise, whether from the moderator or fellow users often are not accompanied by a helpful link, but they usually fall into two categories -

- The assumption that one didn't make a decent effort at searching the forum first. With maybe a couple of exceptions, this assumption has always been wrong, in my case. Often the response will not provide a link and I question if sometimes further useful discussion of the topic doesn't take place because of the nip-the-new-thread-in-the-bud priority.

- The assumption that the existing thread is perfectly adequate and there should not be a new thread. I guess that's kind of an age-old judgment call, but for a thread with dozens or hundreds of pages, I'm often somewhat tempted to start a new thread, to bring attention to my point.

Anyway, all of this may seem very after-the-fact in this thread, but when I come to the forum it is often with a new-to-me topic in mind and so this judgment-call stuff begins anew.

jlsoaz said:
mwalsh said:
And I think that thread is the one that's going to keep Nissan's attention, since they started it!

While this seems like a good point, I'd say overall that sometimes I am not sure what is the right criteria for starting a thread.
Yes, I struggle with that also, but generally try to post to an older thread, if there is a significant number of posters following it already. And Nissan is indeed monitoring the thread Mike mentioned above, while they easily could miss a new topic. In my experience, their presence on the forum has dropped off a bit. Perhaps it would be fair to say that it took on a different form. It's also nice to see some dialog take place.

Back