Nissan To Install 500 More Quick Charge Stations

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DNAinaGoodWay said:
Apparently, Kevin is a liar, as I was very clear with him on the phone. A dishonest car dealer? Whodathunkit?/
drees said:
"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." I suspect Kevin is simply misinformed.

True, of course, and I retract the statement. The first salesman I spoke with about the LEAF, when I first test drove it, very earnestly explained to me how I could use the QC port at home because 480 volts was the same voltage that my stove and toaster used. Not making that up.

http://www.plugincars.com/nissan-an...ing-deploy-fast-charging-stations-129026.html

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLCNI_Y0uXw[/youtube]

Seems that Nissan is looking for parking garage operators to install QCs. If you listen to the entire conference call (youtube video), Nissan is really pushing to get these stations installed by March 31st, 2014, which is the end of their fiscal year.

I still haven't come across any here in NY... :|

I just tried out the new Nissan-branded DCQC at Gwinnett Place Nissan near Atlanta. It's only available during dealer hours, but it works great and the dealer staff are friendly.

NYLEAF said:
http://www.plugincars.com/nissan-an...ing-deploy-fast-charging-stations-129026.html

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLCNI_Y0uXw[/youtube]

Seems that Nissan is looking for parking garage operators to install QCs. If you listen to the entire conference call (youtube video), Nissan is really pushing to get these stations installed by March 31st, 2014, which is the end of their fiscal year.

I still haven't come across any here in NY... :|

Sorry to hear it NY.

One of the contacts listed in the story is Dan Ciarcia. I've exchanged a couple emails with him, and here are the relevant bits:

"As far as the upcoming sites, Nissan is currently in the preliminary stages
of site evaluation and expects to have the sites selected by year-end with
installation complete by Q2-14.  I am affiliated with the Green Parking
Council and we are trying to use our network of parking operators to
generate some optimal sites.  Once the sites have been selected, I am sure
that we will be generating several announcements about their locations. The
best way to stay in touch with these and future developments would be to
join the Green Parking Council (GPC) group on LinkedIn, mailing list on the
web site (greenparkingcouncil.org) as well as our social media channels
(Facebook, Twitter, etc).  Also, feel free to check back in with me in 3-6
months if you haven't heard anything and I can let you know what the latest
status is on new sites."

And:

"I think the total number will ultimately be up to Nissan to determine but I
don't believe they are looking for more than one per target city for this
initial round. Our involvement is to help support identifying and promoting
the sites. Nissan is a partner company of GPC.  It is true that the timing
is fast for this initial program.

Regards
Dan"

That last sentence refers to how little time Nissan allowed for someone to make a decision. Just like a car dealer, eh?

A few Nissan QC stations are showing up on ChargePoint, including one in Middlebury, CT (west of Hartford) that was previously unknown. There's two in CA that, according to PlugShare, were installed a while back but just recently converted to accept ChargePoint keyfobs instead of the dealership ones, making access easier. There's also one in GA that shows up as Offline, but PlugShare indicates it's working.

NYLEAF said:
A few Nissan QC stations are showing up on ChargePoint, including one in Middlebury, CT (west of Hartford) that was previously unknown. There's two in CA that, according to PlugShare, were installed a while back but just recently converted to accept ChargePoint keyfobs instead of the dealership ones, making access easier. There's also one in GA that shows up as Offline, but PlugShare indicates it's working.

I just stopped by the one one in CT. It's a real level 3. Posted pic on plugshare. Did not try it because wife has leaf today. May try it tomorrow. I wonder if there are more at other dealerships? Would be nice if nissan provided a list.

charge said:
NYLEAF said:

I just stopped by the one one in CT. It's a real level 3. Posted pic on plugshare. Did not try it because wife has leaf today. May try it tomorrow. I wonder if there are more at other dealerships? Would be nice if nissan provided a list.

How does accessibility seem at the one in CT? Does it appear to be 24/7, any chance the station will be blocked by inventory cars, etc? It's actually well placed for my trips up to the Berkshires, so I may get to use it one day.

NYLEAF said:
charge said:
NYLEAF said:

How does accessibility seem at the one in CT? Does it appear to be 24/7, any chance the station will be blocked by inventory cars, etc? It's actually well placed for my trips up to the Berkshires, so I may get to use it one day.

Accessibility looks good. It's on the left side of the service dept building. Not blocked by cars. I think you can get to it 24/7. However, I'm not sure it will be on all the time. I live nearby, so will check and let you know

Cool. A couple more like that and I could QC to NYC. We have one dealer here with one of these Eatons, in Westboro, but it doesn't show up on the ChargePoint site. I think the attraction is that they can use ChargePoint to collect fees in future. But I like them them better than the AV QCs, which have the potential of the plug falling out of the holder into the snow. The Eaton protects the plug inside the cabinet.

I'm charging at the middlebury ct charger now. The dealership is closed but charger is working. Had to call chargepoint to start. They are sending me a card so I don't need to call in the future.

Can you take a pic of the actual plug for PlugShare? Some of the new Eatons are being equipped with an easier to use, light-weight CHAdeMO plug instead of the old clunky one.

Enjoy your QC! :)

NYLEAF said:
Can you take a pic of the actual plug for PlugShare? Some of the new Eatons are being equipped with an easier to use, light-weight CHAdeMO plug instead of the old clunky one.

Enjoy your QC! :)

Nice plate Frank, "Charge"

The plug just pushes in, with a release button that pushes out. The light on the plug tells you it's working.

QCing now at Berterra Nissan, RT. 20, Auburn, where the Mass Pike, 290 & 395 cross.

CHAdeMO is halfway down the left side as you face the building.

Steve, the service manager, assures me that it's available 24/7, never locked or blocked, always on.

Won't have any trouble checking on that as it's 3 miles from me, next to a Home Depot an BJs I'm at often.

Wish I knew about it on Saturday during the snowstorm, when I was running low coming home from the movies. Oh well, happy to see it here finally.

Also, just called Ron Bouchards Nissan, where 290 and 2 meet, and they say theirs has been up for a week, and is 24/7. Anybody up that way? Exit 34 off of Rt 2, near Leominster. There seems to be a duplicate entry on PlugShare, reported it, but still there. Recargo info starting to show up on PS?

NYLEAF said:
~91 miles between the QC in Auburn, MA and the QC in Middlebury, CT. We're one or 2 QCs away from NYC to Boston in a Leaf.

It's coming. Just spoke with Country Nissan in Hadley MA, on RT 9, just across the CT River from Northampton, so just off 91, and their's might be installed by the end of the week. Unit is in, Site is prepped, just needs the electrician. Their existing L2s are open 24/7, and they assure me the QC will be too.

This would be a lot easier if we didn't have to search them out. I wish Nissan would just release a list of names and locations so we cold go verify them and list the details into PlugShare. Having to make phone calls is a drag.

Would make planning a Christmas trip easier.

Best choice would be De Cormier Nissan, in Manchester, CT. The dealer in Hadley is really better suited for travel up to VT through MA, it seems.

NYLEAF said:
Best choice would be De Cormier Nissan, in Manchester, CT. The dealer in Hadley is really better suited for travel up to VT through MA, it seems.

Yeah, I was just excited about Hadley, cause we go that way a lot.

But, I just got off the phone with Raul, the LEAF guy at DeCormier, and they dont have one, and no plans to that he knows of, BUT, he was at a meeting of some CT energy commision that has plans to put 10 QC's along 95 and 91 (he didn't know about 84) CHAdeMO he thinks, cause they were mad Nissan wanted them to use out of state installers. He's going to call them tomorrow and see if he can get us a link to the CT QC network plan. But we can give it a Google in the meantime.

Back