Nissan To Install 500 More Quick Charge Stations

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Berlino said:
DaveinOlyWA said:
non dealership locations? can you verify or get more info on that? this would be something new. is the locations completely non Nissan related?

Here's another case where Nissan donated a quick-charger for a non-dealership location.

http://insideevs.com/napa-valley-gets-latest-donated-chademo-charger-from-nissan-charging-is-free

nice. we have several places that could use a donation; I-90, the Olympic Scenic Highway Loop... both places with dirt cheap (even for WA standards) electricity in abundance

DaveinOlyWA said:
Berlino said:
DaveinOlyWA said:
non dealership locations? can you verify or get more info on that? this would be something new. is the locations completely non Nissan related?

Here's another case where Nissan donated a quick-charger for a non-dealership location.

http://insideevs.com/napa-valley-gets-latest-donated-chademo-charger-from-nissan-charging-is-free

nice. we have several places that could use a donation; I-90, the Olympic Scenic Highway Loop... both places with dirt cheap (even for WA standards) electricity in abundance

I can't comment on the non-dealership locations I mentioned earlier in Denver (because I don't know where they are yet...), but as another example of non-dealership QC'ers (this one in Fort Collins at a museum):

http://insideevs.com/colorado-gets-its-first-quick-charger-a-50000-unit-donated-by-nissan/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So yeah, I guess Nissan does do this in some cases.

On a side note, I checked Plugshare today (just for grins and orange bubbles) and noticed another new QC in the region... ironically, also in Fort Collins. This one is at another Tynan's Nissan dealership, and is separate from the previously reported QC at Tynan's in Aurora.

New ChaDeMo being installed at Hanlees Nissan in Davis, right next to I-80 15 miles west of Sacramento.

We desperately need one further west on I-80, say around Vallejo or Pinole! Anyone know of plans to install one soon?

alcalira said:
New ChaDeMo being installed at Hanlees Nissan in Davis, right next to I-80 15 miles west of Sacramento.

We desperately need one further west on I-80, say around Vallejo or Pinole! Anyone know of plans to install one soon?
Okay, why do we 'desperately' need one in Pinole or Vallejo, as opposed to say one in Gilroy, which many of us have been asking for for a couple of years (to allow trips to Monterey/Carmel). There seem to be a fair number of CHAdeMOs along I-80/680, so is this just a question of spacing it better from Sacramento?

Add Coastal Nissan in Norwell MA to the list. That makes 11 confirmed up and running by year's end in MA, and still maybe one or two more by the end of Q1 2014.

2014 could be a good year when VT builds out and maybe more in CT.

NYC was on Brian's list, but still none showing up? What's up with that?

GRA said:
alcalira said:

Okay, why do we 'desperately' need one in Pinole or Vallejo, as opposed to say one in Gilroy, which many of us have been asking for for a couple of years (to allow trips to Monterey/Carmel). There seem to be a fair number of CHAdeMOs along I-80/680, so is this just a question of spacing it better from Sacramento?
I'm not from California but after going on the BC2BC rally last year I would vote for a few in Northern CA. Getting from the Oregon border to Redding was a real challenge. One RV park wanted to milk me for $40.00 for a four hour charge which would have cost them less than five bucks!

I didn't charge there but I did post their going rate on Plugshare so they wouldn't be bothered again! :evil:

Luft said:
GRA said:
I'm not from California but after going on the BC2BC rally last year I would vote for a few in Northern CA. Getting from the Oregon border to Redding was a real challenge. One RV park wanted to milk me for $40.00 for a four hour charge which would have cost them less than five bucks!

I didn't charge there but I did post their going rate on Plugshare so they wouldn't be bothered again! :evil:
Much as I enjoy reading about BC2BC, I don't think we should put a high priority on installing CHAdeMOs on routes that will rarely be used by 70 mile BEVs, which are poorly suited for extended road trips. Let's first take care of the highly traveled routes that would be enabled (for a 70 mile BEV) with a single en route QC, such as Sacramento - Tahoe (both routes), Bay Area - Monterey/Carmel, etc. After we've covered all of those, we can consider edge cases like I-5 north of Dunnigan to the Oregon border. That's really a trip for a Tesla (or an ICE), although I know we have people here who've done it in LEAFs or similar.

DNAinaGoodWay said:
Add Coastal Nissan in Norwell MA to the list. That makes 11 confirmed up and running by year's end in MA, and still maybe one or two more by the end of Q1 2014.

Do you have some info on another site coming to CT this year? Would be nice!

charge said:
DNAinaGoodWay said:

Do you have some info on another site coming to CT this year? Would be nice!

I'll answer my own post :)

Just saw Middletown Nissan now has a quick charge. Woo hoo!

I was at Stadium Nissan in Orange, California last night with a friend as he took delivery of his new LEAF. The store just took delivery of it's DCQC and said they should have it installed in the next two weeks. Due to the local it will only be available during store hours. I pleaded our case but they are limited due to the lot lay out.

Has anyone else noticed that a whole slew of Nissan dealers are now showing up on PlugShare as having QCs? These stations don't have any "proof", like photos or Check-In's describing a QC, but someone went through and checked off "Quick Charge" on all these stations. It makes me think that perhaps Nissan is behind this.

I noticed the following areas on PlugShare suddenly have Nissan dealers showing QCs that were not previously reported by PlugShare users...

Santa Barbara, CA
Phoenix, AZ
Tucson, AZ
Salt Lake City, UT
Boise, ID
St. Louis, MO (three stations that were not previously reported, total of 5)
Atlanta, GA (at least 5 stations that were not previously reported, total of 10 Nissan dealers with QC in the area)
Jacksonville, Tampa, Orlando, and Miami-FLL-West Palm Beach, FL (only 1 QC had been reported in the state of FL, now a total of 8)
DC/Virginia (two stations that were not previously reported, total of 4 Nissan dealers with QC in the area)
Philadelphia, PA (two stations that were not previously reported, total of 3 Nissan dealers with QC in the area)
Hartford, CT (one station that was not previously reported, total of 2)
Boston, MA (one station that was not previously reported, total of 12 in the state)

I'm sure I missed some that popped up today. Is this Nissan's way of releasing their list?

As for the NYC area, all I can say is I'm very disappointed. However, I know that NY is not the easiest of places to get building permits and the like. Electricity here is also really expensive, and we have Demand Charge issues just like out in CA, so I'm sure they're hesitant to put any here.

NYLEAF said:
Has anyone else noticed that a whole slew of Nissan dealers are now showing up on PlugShare as having QCs? These stations don't have any "proof", like photos or Check-In's describing a QC, but someone went through and checked off "Quick Charge" on all these stations. It makes me think that perhaps Nissan is behind this.

I noticed the following areas on PlugShare suddenly have Nissan dealers showing QCs that were not previously reported by PlugShare users...

Santa Barbara, CA
Phoenix, AZ
Tucson, AZ
Salt Lake City, UT
Boise, ID
Atlanta, GA (at least 5 stations that were not previously reported, total of 10 Nissan dealers with QC in the area)
Jacksonville, Tampa, Orlando, and Miami-FLL-West Palm Beach, FL (only 1 QC had been reported in the state of FL, now a total of 8)
DC/Virginia (two stations that were not previously reported, total of 4 Nissan dealers with QC in the area)
Philadelphia, PA (two stations that were not previously reported, total of 3 Nissan dealers with QC in the area)
Boston, MA (one station that was not previously reported, total of 12 in the state)

I'm sure I missed some that popped up today. Is this Nissan's way of releasing their list?

As for the NYC area, all I can say is I'm very disappointed. However, I know that NY is not the easiest of places to get building permits and the like. Electricity here is also really expensive, and we have Demand Charge issues just like out in CA, so I'm sure they're hesitant to put any here.

If this is how they release their list, it's pretty lame. How do we know it's not just someone having fun with us? I suppose we could check them all off as having QC and wait for people to visit and post, but that would be a pain all around. So, Brian, what's the story?

Just unchecked Clay Nissan as the last PlugShare user checkin on it said no QC. If someone posts that they have now installed one, or a pic shows up, maybe that'll make it stick. So we're back to 11.

Not sure what to do with Middletown CT. Too far for me to check. Have to wait for someone to go there.

I'll shoot Brian an email and see if he responds.

DNAinaGoodWay said:
NYLEAF said:

Santa Barbara, CA
Phoenix, AZ
Tucson, AZ
Salt Lake City, UT
Boise, ID

If this is how they release their list, it's pretty lame. How do we know it's not just someone having fun with us? I suppose we could check them all off as having QC and wait for people to visit and post, but that would be a pain all around. So, Brian, what's the story?

Just unchecked Clay Nissan as the last PlugShare user checkin on it said no QC. If someone posts that they have now installed one, or a pic shows up, maybe that'll make it stick. So we're back to 11.

Not sure what to do with Middletown CT. Too far for me to check. Have to wait for someone to go there.

I'll shoot Brian an email and see if he responds.

I will check Middletown nissan. I have charged there on L2 before. Nice people, EV friendly

Cool. Thanks charge. Post some pics.

I think there may be a lot of QCs out there that were installed recently, to meet the year end deadline, but until Nissan makes an announcement, or we confirm them ourselves, we're still in the dark.

NYLEAF said:
Has anyone else noticed that a whole slew of Nissan dealers are now showing up on PlugShare as having QCs?

ya, we have. as far as being in the dark; we simply took it upon ourselves to verify that 7 new ones were installed in the last few weeks of December

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=15402" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

DNAinaGoodWay said:

I'm surprised at the progress on QC on the east coast. I might regret bypassing the QC option on the 2013 SV. How different is the wiring harness? Can it be installed as a "repair"?

DaveinOlyWA said:
NYLEAF said:
Has anyone else noticed that a whole slew of Nissan dealers are now showing up on PlugShare as having QCs?

ya, we have. as far as being in the dark; we simply took it upon ourselves to verify that 7 new ones were installed in the last few weeks of December

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=15402" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Yes, I've been following along with that thread (and with this one) and I'm glad to see people are out discovering new QCs and putting the details/photos/reviews up on PlugShare (and MNL).

I was speaking about the new locations that appear to have popped up as of today. I check PlugShare for CHAdeMO stations almost daily, and today had the single biggest jump in the number of CHAdeMO stations I have ever seen. Someone went on PlugShare today and marked a large number of Nissan dealers as having QCs.

I can only see two possible scenarios...either someone with knowledge of QC installations in multiple metro areas, across the entire country, went onto PlugShare and did us a huge public service, or someone went and did a huge disservice by reporting stations that don't actually exist.

My gut feeling is that Nissan is behind this. No one else would know about all these installations and post the information all in one day. Especially considering the lack of photos/check-ins with all of these newly listed QCs, which makes sense since whoever from Nissan went onto PlugShare has probably not visited most (if any) of the installations.

Yogi62 said:
DNAinaGoodWay said:

I'm surprised at the progress on QC on the east coast. I might regret bypassing the QC option on the 2013 SV. How different is the wiring harness? Can it be installed as a "repair"?

No one has reported having a QC port installed after the car was built. I'm sure it's technically feasible, but the cost would surely be more than reasonable. You'd save more money by trading in your car for one with a QC port.

For those keeping count: Antelope Valley Nissan in Palmdale is in the last steps of installing their QC, Valencia Nissan told me yesterday that they are not installing a QC.

NYLEAF said:
DaveinOlyWA said:
NYLEAF said:

Yes, I've been following along with that thread (and with this one) and I'm glad to see people are out discovering new QCs and putting the details/photos/reviews up on PlugShare (and MNL).

I was speaking about the new locations that appear to have popped up as of today. I check PlugShare for CHAdeMO stations almost daily, and today had the single biggest jump in the number of CHAdeMO stations I have ever seen. Someone went on PlugShare today and marked a large number of Nissan dealers as having QCs.

I can only see two possible scenarios...either someone with knowledge of QC installations in multiple metro areas, across the entire country, went onto PlugShare and did us a huge public service, or someone went and did a huge disservice by reporting stations that don't actually exist.

My gut feeling is that Nissan is behind this. No one else would know about all these installations and post the information all in one day. Especially considering the lack of photos/check-ins with all of these newly listed QCs, which makes sense since whoever from Nissan went onto PlugShare has probably not visited most (if any) of the installations.

No quick response from Brian so far. Also emailing Brendan Jones.

Back