NZ battery replacement

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

simmsl

Interested in battery replacement related to New Zealand.

I have a 24kWh Nissan Leaf. Down to 4 bars!

4 bars is still plenty for us to drive around town (67km), but at some stage we will need a used car , or battery replacement.

Looked at used Nissan Leaf's and I would be looking at spending about $15,000 NZ. This will do but will bleed all our savings.

So looked at battery replacements. There are a few companies in NZ that can catered for that however they are either new battery technology ($18,000 NZ), https://evsenhanced.com/aftermarket-battery/ , or battery upgrade to 36 kWh for NZ $15,000 or 40kWh for $23,000.

All those options are good however far too expensive for us. Also a car that can do 170km isn't what we need. When we do travel long distances we opt for our gas car.

So I am trying to research options for New Zealand that will allow us to replace or 24kWh for another 24kWh. I have seen the odd 24kWh available on an auction site in New Zealand but SOH levels are usually low, <70% SOH.

Any thoughts by others on where to look to get 24kWh with good SOH levels, in New Zealand?

Thanks

Try FREED PEV in Auckland CBD 021 498 269 they are developing a repacked battery 62kwh, they might be able to put you in contact with a customer who is looking to upgrade, you might be able to swop your pack with the customer.

Back