Official California PG&E Thread

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fabio said:
I've been waiting for 2 months now. I applied to have both e9a and net metering (because I installed solar panels at the same time) and I am still waiting, giving electrons to PG&E for free in the meantime.
I think your case is a little different. It took me 2 to 3 months for net metering to happen, something about them "having to review it".

c1987 said:
Looks like you are making better progress then me. I submitted the applications 3 times. I called a few weeks after each one was mailed in and the phone rep said they could not find it and to send another. With my LEAF delivery next week, I will start going up the PG&E management chain soon...
In fact I first called PG&E two months ago when I had a "scheduled" delivery date to request to switch to E9a.

When I called them yesterday to ask about the status, it seems like they just let the application sit there if you don't have the vehicle yet. It appears that they will act on the application only when you have the EV delivered.

greenleaf said:
I then inquired about the "meter fee" for a non-smartmeter. He told me that in my case where the Smartmeter is not available, the additional "meter fee" does not apply. We will see if this is true.
Oh really? I know quite a few people with an EV and/or Solar that will be very interested in hearing if this is true including myself. If PG&E would just get the SmartMeters up and running with these rates this would simply be a non issue.

Long4Leaf said:
My situation is no solar, smart meter was already installed.
Are you saying that you are currently on the E9A rate and your current SmartMeter is working correctly with the E9A rate? I am interested in seeing a photo of your SmartMeter if that is the case.

Spies said:
Long4Leaf said:
My situation is no solar, smart meter was already installed.
Are you saying that you are currently on the E9A rate and your current SmartMeter is working correctly with the E9A rate? I am interested in seeing a photo of your SmartMeter if that is the case.

Yes, my bill since December has been E9A rate. I have a different problem though. I installed a second meter in December so that I could go on the E9B rates and keep my house on E1. (For my situation, this was the best. High electrical usage and people at home all day.) The install of the second meter went great, got it done in time for the tax rebate. But then we get the bill and our house meter is E9A and there is no record of the second meter. Have been trying to get this fixed since. (Good news is that until summer, my calculations indicated E9A is better than E1 AND we are getting free electricity from the second meter. :D But I expect they will catch up eventually and I will be billed for my past usage. :cry: ) I'll try to get a picture, but being a novice on these forums, not too sure how to post.

My wife got a call from PG&E today and they finally have us on the e9a rate. They tried to backdate to the time they installed the meter, but were unable to. So I guess the last 2 months of shifting when we do dishes and laundry was just good practice :roll: .

When I came home today, I noticed that my meter has been swapped out. The new replacement is the GE kv2cs. The LCD screen cycles through different displays. Apparently, the values are for

01 = Date
02 = Time
04 = Total kWh
05 = Peak kWh
09 = Part peak kWh
13 = Off peak kWh

And "99" is your instantaneous net power. Left pointing arrow means you are delivering power to PG&E; right pointing arrow means you are a net user at that moment. Unfortunately backwards from the actual orientation of the meter in my house, otherwise it would be pretty cool.

DeaneG said:
And "99" is your instantaneous net power. Left pointing arrow means you are delivering power to PG&E; right pointing arrow means you are a net user at that moment. Unfortunately backwards from the actual orientation of the meter in my house, otherwise it would be pretty cool.
Yap. I forgot to type those out. The arrow is pointing correctly for my house. :)

I get charged ~$12/mo meter fee. Solar panels cover most of the actual power costs, but couldn't get away from that base fee.

greenleaf said:
DeaneG, are you being charged the meter fee?
Yes, but I don't have the amount handy - it's spelled out on the monthly Net Energy Metering (NEM) statement, though not on the monthly combined gas usage / electrical service charge bill.

greenleaf said:
The ~$12/month seems high. I thought it was more like $0.20 ~ $0.25 a day.

I am on E6
http://www.pge.com/tariffs/tm2/pdf/ELEC_SCHEDS_E-6.pdf
Total Meter Charge Rate ($ per meter per day) $0.25298
Total Minimum Charge Rate ($ per meter per day) $0.14784

So $0.25298+$0.14784*30day = ~$12/mo

Oh I see. You are a net exporter of energy. For that, you have to pay PG&E the additional $0.14784/day for this "privilege".

Your PV size must be substantial.

greenleaf said:
The ~$12/month seems high. I thought it was more like $0.20 ~ $0.25 a day.
I'm on E6 with a KV2cs, and I don't see anything about a meter fee on my bills, but I am being charged a distribution fee and $0.78 in other fees, payable each month. The distribution fee varies, but is usually around $11 to $12. So I end up paying an average of a little over $12 a month outside of my true-up account. I'm a net user, not producer.

Ray

Wow, I like my new meter running on the E9a schedule.

After two days, my off-peak usage is 33 kWh and my part peak usage is -22 kWh. So even though my net consumption is 11 kWh, my net cost will be

33*0.06186 - 22*0.11123 = -$0.41

i.e. a credit of $0.41 (not counting the additional meter fees). :mrgreen:

Back