Official Nissan recall letter for the Leaf A/C problem

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
malloryk said:
Got my car back on my lunch break. It all seems fine (still need to figure out what rev. my software is), but whatever they did, drained my battery 3 bars. Left it there with 10 and had 7 when I picked it up. Odometer was the same so they didn't drive the car anywhere. And they didn't seem to plug it in at all while they had it, it was just sitting in the lot when I got there. :shock: I left a message for the service guy I dealt with that they need to plug these cars in when they're just sitting there, esp. when what they're doing is draining the bars. At least I don't have a lot of driving to do today.

I had JUST started into my 6th bar when I dropped it off. Mossy did the upgrade, about and hour and 15 minutes, zero additional miles on the ODO, and I had 5 bars on it when I picked it up! That's by far the fewest bars when I start my ride home from work.....was a little worried I wouldn't make it, but pulled into the driveway with 2 remaining and 18 miles showing. :cool:

Yeah, the update does seem to suck the juice...... :?

Hmm... The "Nissan Miles" indicator and the 12 state-of-charge bars are definitely configured a lot differently now. My usual trip home resulted me pulling into the driveway with 14 "Nissan Miles" remaining and two bars left. I pulled up CARWINGS and it states that I have a 17% SOC remaining, but even including my extra trip to the dealer this afternoon, that equals a "pack mileage" of 89. I've been averaging 100-105 given the SOC and miles driven, so something definitely affected my battery at the dealership.

I wish I would have pulled up CARWINGS to get the exact % SOC before and after the service... :shock:

oh and I just noticed, your timers get erased. So make sure to reset those charging/climate control timers after getting your car back. and this might not have anything to do with my service trip today, but I was on the freeway tonight and that black strip on the top of the hood, by the windshield, is not secured down and it was starting to come up with the high speed. After I parked, I checked on it and it's definitely loose on the right side, I can get a finger under it. So now I have to take it in again to get it secured down.

I have my appointment for Friday, then off on my longest road trip yet to an Earth Day festival. Hoping for the best on the update.
I don't plan to use the A/C, but should at test it out once...after the update.

Sitting at the North Phoenix Nissan dealership now getting the software upgrade. I live about 20 minutes away, so I decided to wait. They told me 1 to 1.5 hours. It has been three hours already and still not done.

If you have this done here, I suggest you get a loaner car and allow all day.

jamb999 said:
Sitting at the North Phoenix Nissan dealership now getting the software upgrade. I live about 20 minutes away, so I decided to wait. They told me 1 to 1.5 hours. It has been three hours already and still not done.

If you have this done here, I suggest you get a loaner car and allow all day.

I hope they have it charging at the same time....if not, your 20 minute drive home maybe interesting!

i heard a few here say it took 45 minutes. so i dropped it off and walked to burger place about a half mile away. ate and walked back thinking car would be there waiting. it wasnt. took one hour and 45 minutes. but they did wash it as well but that only took about 15 minutes.

and i parked it with 62 miles of range and 5.5 MPK and plugged in at dealer (text verified it charged exactly 20 minutes) got it back with 52 miles of range and 5.0 MPK

Back