official 'recall' notice for A/C hose + bracket

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NissanLeafCamper

Just got this in the mail and it sounds like Nissan is recalling in leafs to fix the a/c hose cracking problem plus remove a bracket to allow additional 'flex'. The letter also states it will be done at no charge. Not really labeled as a recall but more as a service campaign. THis was sent to someone who had the a/c service this april due to a/c issue that was hose related. Unsure if I got the new hose though. service guy said he did not think it was .

Here is the important part of the letter:

reasons for service campaign.

Due to the unique design of the leaf's climate control system, there is an a/c hose that may not allow for sufficient flex during electric motor movement. In some instances, this movement may cause a small crack to form at one end of the a/c hose as well as damage and associated pipe. If this occurs you may notice a lack of cold air coming from your climate control system during routine a/c usage.

what nissan will do

to ensure your continued satisfaction and confidence in your car, you nissan dealer will replace the affected a/c system components and also remove a bracket to allow for additional flex during electric motor movement. This procedure will be performed at no cost to you for parts and a labor,. Additionally, this service should take less than 4 hours to complete.

NissanLeafCamper said:
Not really labeled as a recall but more as a service campaign.
Of course not, on the former. Recalls are generally for safety defects or non-conformance with Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards (FMVSS). HVAC failure doesn't meet that criteria.

NissanLeafCamper said:
Here is the important part of the letter:

reasons for service campaign.

Due to the unique design of the leaf's climate control system, there is an a/c hose that may not allow for sufficient flex during electric motor movement. In some instances, this movement may cause a small crack to form at one end of the a/c hose as well as damage and associated pipe. If this occurs you may notice a lack of cold air coming from your climate control system during routine a/c usage.

what nissan will do

to ensure your continued satisfaction and confidence in your car, you nissan dealer will replace the affected a/c system components and also remove a bracket to allow for additional flex during electric motor movement. This procedure will be performed at no cost to you for parts and a labor,. Additionally, this service should take less than 4 hours to complete.

I 'm VERY interested in this letter, can you scan and post a copy?
Having some noises on the AC, but Nissan says its nothing...
Thanks!

I received the notice as well, for my 2015 LEAF S. I will schedule a time for the dealership to do it, but only if they don't do the other recalls. I don't want my regen screwed with.

aarond12 said:
I received the notice as well, for my 2015 LEAF S. I will schedule a time for the dealership to do it, but only if they don't do the other recalls. I don't want my regen screwed with.
I've gotten all of the updates on my '15 S and nothing has changed the regen.

I got the notice as well and hoping the local dealer has the parts ready.

Back