Recall notice July 2019

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SageBrush said:
The recall replaces a simple plate that connects the battery to the car frame as an extra, extra, extra grounding point.
If I had known specifics ahead of time I would not have bothered.

Why would you ever disregard a free manufacturer recall for anything? Even if it was a defective dome light, I’d have it taken care of.

Ahah!! I was wondering why the grounding straps looked so rusty! :lol:

I just took over a 2014 S from my Dad in upstate NY, far from a dealer, so he had not taken it back for this recall notice. I've been playing in what I'm calling the Leaf pile, from removing most of the IP to get to and fix the PTC heater.

And I noticed the straps on the front corners of the battery are very rusty. Looks like galvanic action, or some alloy that really wants to rust.

SalisburySam said:
SageBrush said:
The recall replaces a simple plate that connects the battery to the car frame as an extra, extra, extra grounding point.

Why would you ever disregard a free manufacturer recall for anything? Even if it was a defective dome light, I’d have it taken care of.
Because I am not a wasteful person. If something is trivial or stupid, it remains so no matter who is footing the bill.

SageBrush said:
SalisburySam said:
SageBrush said:

Because I am not a wasteful person. If something is trivial or stupid, it remains so no matter who is footing the bill.

...possibly also because in NM it's less likely an issue than in the rust belt.

css28 said:
SageBrush said:
SalisburySam said:

...possibly also because in NM it's less likely an issue than in the rust belt.
The car spent 3 years near the Pacific ocean. If the car had only lived in NM I would not have bothered.

Hi all!
my leaf 05/2015 24Kw went for the July 2019 recall back in November.
Since then, even though i've kept the same daily traject (home->office->home), which sums up nearly 30kms/day, I noticed that the autonomy went down about 12%. Ex.: previously, before the recall, with 80% charge I easly used to drive for 104 to 115kms. Now, with same % of charge, I hardly get 98 to 105kms!
Also, I noticed that battery regeneration, upon breaking for ex., is less than it was before.
The car has 65.000kms, and 11 "sticks" out of 12 since it was 57.000kms. Even then I used to make easily 115kms with a charge of 80% of battery.

Anyone has noticed the same? Any clue what could this bee?

Cheers,

Sérgio

Back