One Year In My LEAF

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

philipscoggins

gqt3JykxV9

I just gotta say my LEAF had its first birthday today with a grand total of 25,781
Miles in my first year!

I celebrated by being completely sick & after picking up my kids & charged up enough to go pick up my prescriptions from the drug store. Hit VLB warning at my street & took a picture showing 3 miles range with the total miles

gquziwkxXp

(sorry about that one, the 3 disappeared before I figured out how to turn the flash off on my phone so I had to post one with the flash)

About 240 GIDs at 100% charge (every weekday) used to QC weekly when the Blinks were free, now once or twice a month.

Car's in pretty good condition other than my kindergartner opening her door on a car that already had its door open (ugh) and the funky tan fabric around the driver's handle.

So, I Love My LEAF, wish I had a quicker L2 charger, but I might brusha next fall....

I celebrated 1 year (and the half-way point of my lease) on the 2nd, with ~10,800. I may end up close to 24,000 by next November though, given my slow increase in use and familiarity with quick chargers.

I'm crossing my fingers that 2015s will

• be available next year at this time,
  • be slightly improved over 2014s, and
  • have 3-year lease deals as good as my current 2-year

DanCar said:
Any range loss?

Of course!

I mean, I usually get 240 gids on a 100% charge where I used to get 281 (before summer) So I would say I'm about 85% or 15% loss, I do hope that slows down.

All those miles and I don't abuse my battery any more than necessary. I DO charge to 100% 5 days out of the week, but the timer finishes about 15 minutes before I leave.
And when I run it all the way down I'll go ahead and charge for an hour so that it doesn't sit discharged for hours before the charger kicks on. I've never seen anything hotter than 7 bars on my battery meter.

That said, in the cold weather we're having in TN right now (19 low-42 high) I can still squeeze about 75 miles out of it, before I have to charge some. In the summer when it was in the 80s or low 90s I would regularly get upper 90s on my daily drive. Now that was with miles/kwh at 5.6 or so, now that it's cooled down the same driving gets me 4.3 miles/kwh.

When I purchased my LEAF we were going into the winter and I had to learn how to drive an EV with a cold battery, so when summer hit, I did my range test and got 130 miles. I doubt I could get that, but I'm sure I'll be able to top 100 again in the spring.

By May (6 months 11,000 miles) I was down to 270 GIDs, by September (10 months) I was down to 250 & now November (12 months 25,800) usually 240. Wish I'd kept better monthly readings.

I haven't gained back any GIDs as I was told would happen in the fall.

The readings seemed to drop away quickest in the 259-250 range which would have been in August, so heat would definitely be a factor there. But I've never seen more than 7 bars on the heat gauge.

Here in Texas for a comparison: I now have 26K miles in 20 months, with 228 Gids as of this morning.

When I got this car in early March, '12 I believe it only had 270 Gids (my guess) so it came to me with some level of capacity loss. And I attribute that to sitting in the dealer lot for nearly 6 months and fully charged. End of summer '12 it came down to 254 Gids at 10K miles and stayed there pretty much the whole winter and spring. Again this summer I lost Gids almost everyday steadily from June through Aug, reaching a low of 215 Gids middle of September. Since then the weather has cooled off considerably and my Gids have slightly recovered reaching a high of 228 Gids this morning. I don't expect that to go any higher, but I expect it stay the same till I return my car end of Feb next year. I have been charging it 100% every week day this year.

228 Gids is good for a 50 mile highway range or 65 miles surface streets till LBW.

Back