Opportunity to buy a Leaf without waiting for months

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was constantly checking 4/20. Then work got busycrazy and I had to get stuff done.
After dinner DW says I got some email from Nissan..... aarrrggg. Reserved right then.

i am impressed with everyone's memory because i thought it was more like 5 PM, but remembered that emails were supposed to stop at 5 PM central but ended up starting so late that time was extended.

as for my memory, i simply went back and reread the original email for the time stamp...

WWBD said:
I completed my reservation on 4/20 at 1:33 PST. Either your memory is incorrect, your email arrived later for some reason, or you didn't see it for an hour or so.
We switched from PST to PDT on the second Sunday in March. Is it possible that whatever data you are looking at showing "1:33 PST" was in reality "2:33 PDT" ? :)

LEAFer said:
WWBD said:
I completed my reservation on 4/20 at 1:33 PST. Either your memory is incorrect, your email arrived later for some reason, or you didn't see it for an hour or so.
We switched from PST to PDT on the second Sunday in March. Is it possible that whatever data you are looking at showing "1:33 PST" was in reality "2:33 PDT" ? :)

could be plausible since normal time change would be April 30th and maybe computer did not recognize the early switch?

I got some PMs asking me to make an offer regarding my Leaf purchase request, so here it is:

If you would consider that or have a different nr in mind, please send me a PM, thx!

flxx said:
I got some PMs asking me to make an offer regarding my Leaf purchase request, so here it is:

If you would consider that or have a different nr in mind, please send me a PM, thx!
This is exactly the reason I say dealers should auction any orphans ;)

Yes, but I think auctioning off orphans would just make the "buzz" about the Leaf seem expensive. The only thing the general public would remember about a headline stating "Dealer auctions new Leaf for $50,000" is that a Leaf costs $50k not less than $30k with incentives that it really costs.

We love our Leaf and have been waiting for this car since we drove the GM EV1 in 1997. That's a long wait....

-u

Back