Owners: Any regrets?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
malloryk said:
azdre said:
Sorry, should have been more clear. I regret red because the Nissan emblems on the front and rear are blue and I just don't like the combo much. The clear protection on the front only covers the middle half of the nose. There is a lot of exposed bumber. The cargo organizer is cheaply made. The safety kit I had assumed would be nicely integrated into the car somewhere hidden away, but it's just another bag thrown in the back taking up space.

I love the red and blue combo! It's unexpected and I don't like things to be matchy-matchy. But I realized today another reason I like blue and red together: they're my alma mater's colors! Go University of Arizona Wildcats! Beat Duke tonight! :D

Yah, I kind of like the blue on red, though I think that the blue accents would look best on the white cars. The blue won't show up at all on my blue car, when it gets here. Oh well, another "surprise" of being an early adopter. There were so many details we didn't know when we ordered, weren't there?

malloryk said:
azdre said:
Sorry, should have been more clear. I regret red because the Nissan emblems on the front and rear are blue and I just don't like the combo much. The clear protection on the front only covers the middle half of the nose. There is a lot of exposed bumber. The cargo organizer is cheaply made. The safety kit I had assumed would be nicely integrated into the car somewhere hidden away, but it's just another bag thrown in the back taking up space.

I love the red and blue combo! It's unexpected and I don't like things to be matchy-matchy. But I realized today another reason I like blue and red together: they're my alma mater's colors! Go University of Arizona Wildcats! Beat Duke tonight! :D

Maybe that's my issue with it! I'm a Sundevil and I bleed maroon and gold. The blue on red is starting to grow on me though. It's a nice smokey blue. The red regret is waning and the accessories regrets are insignificant. I LOVE my LEAF!

MrFish said:
Any thoughts/comments on the slow speed warning sounds?
The current model has them correct?
I really want mine to have the jetsons car sound!

Regrets? None.

Low speed sound? Annoying, because if you have the radio off, it sounds like you're dragging a brake pad. Kind of a mechanical/grinding sound. VERY irritating......I haven't noticed more people "looking up" when I have the sound on vs off. I generally turn it off because the grindy-sound interferes with my EV-Zen at low speeds. :twisted:

Jimmydreams said:
MrFish said:

Regrets? None.

Low speed sound? Annoying, because if you have the radio off, it sounds like you're dragging a brake pad. Kind of a mechanical/grinding sound. VERY irritating......I haven't noticed more people "looking up" when I have the sound on vs off. I generally turn it off because the grindy-sound interferes with my EV-Zen at low speeds. :twisted:
This is the first I've heard you can turn it off. That's welcome news.

MrFish said:

No regrets - very happy with the car. We use it for most of our driving and the minivan just for when we need to be two places at once.

I don't have a problem with the warning sounds (the radio is usually on and I can't hear it inside the car) - I'd prefer nothing (at least for forward movement), but it sounds kinda cool - like a turbine off in the distance if you are outside the car.

You can turn it off (each time you start the car) via a button to the lower-left of the steering wheel. I've never tried it.

Greg

Boomer23 said:
Yah, I kind of like the blue on red, though I think that the blue accents would look best on the white cars. The blue won't show up at all on my blue car, when it gets here. Oh well, another "surprise" of being an early adopter. There were so many details we didn't know when we ordered, weren't there?

no there weren't. What we do to be early adopters. I agree, the blue looks best on the white. It really pops.

Really liking my car so far after the first drive to work. It's like driving a cool cell phone. Very comfortable and friendly.

I own a black SL with no options except the QC port. I haven't even used the QC yet.

My normal commute is about 13 miles so it's great for that, however a few times a week I travel to Calabasas from Alhambra. Then I return to Pasadena and then Alhambra. The total miles is about 80. If I drive like I normally drive my old ICE car then I think I would barely make it. If I use cruise control and keep it under 70 I usually can make it with it hitting "Low Battery Charge." I have driven it to "Very Low Battery Charge" but never turtled it.

I charge to 100%. I drive to VLBC. I'm bad but I need to do it.....I think it is dangerous to drive like a semi truck in the slow lane with all these merging cars coming in and out. I have the Phil modified EVSE with L2 charging and I wired up a 20-amp twist-lock plug in the garage myself. I also have a quick220 for when I stop at a relative's house near Calabasas.

I don't think my wife could deal with this range anxiety and manipulate the cruise control very well so I am actually considering selling the Leaf and buying the new Nissan Versa. I'm hoping to come out ahead because it seems like there are some people who want to ship it out of the country and don't care about the rebate(s). I may surrender some or all of the CA ZEV rebate.

Aside from the range, this car is a dream though. The silky acceleration, the roomy interior. However, I do think it could have better tires and brakes and do a better job of keeping road noise out and the sound of the stereo blasting in.

Seriously, no regrets. Yes, the Acura is faster and yes, the Subaru can easily travel all ice & snow covered roads. But this car accelerates 0-40 @ 4.1 sec. Vs 0-40 mph 3.7 sec Acura TL sh-awd 310 hp car. This car costs 1.5 cents a mile with dam power of Columbia River & i am doing something significant for our childrens future. No regrets, renewable energy is Homeland Security :)

Sold my Leaf. I will miss it, but the new owner looks like he'll take good care of it.

Regret buying and regret selling, lol. But seriously, the guy who bought it is really helping the environment -- buying a (slightly) used Leaf keeps one more car off the road in the long run.

malloryk said:
But I realized today another reason I like blue and red together: they're my alma mater's colors! Go University of Arizona Wildcats! Beat Duke tonight! :D

LOL, there is no red LEAF, contrary to the name. It is Cayenne. So the UA colors are cayenne and blue? ;)

Jimmydreams said:
MrFish said:

Low speed sound? Annoying, because if you have the radio off, it sounds like you're dragging a brake pad. Kind of a mechanical/grinding sound. VERY irritating......

I never have the radio on while driving, have my windows open, and can not hear the front VSP at all while driving at low speeds. You must have a different one than mine (and my hearing is excellent!). Maybe they made the earlier ones louder, but later when people complained, they changed it to a softer sound. The ONLY time I can hear it is when I pull into the garage because the sound bounces off the walls.

slaran said:
Sold my Leaf.

So sorry to hear that slaran.
This is absolutely the BEST car I've ever had and I've had some pretty good cars, so no regrets. I love driving it with true zero emissions and not having to use any natural resources for fuel, including gasoline. I love coming home and just plugging it in for a couple hours. I've dreamed of having PVs and an all electric car for more than 30 years! I also LOVE the QC! I found out that to get close to a real 80% charge, you have to choose '90%'. It will charge your LEAF to nine bars (89% on the Blink) from one to two bars in less than 30 mins. I'm going to see what it does from zero bars the next time. I've received many compliments on the Cayenne color! It looks sooo much more beautiful than red. My best driving efficiency came in OCT.

selling the Leaf had to be a tough decision for you. i would EASILY sell my beloved Prius before i would consider selling my Leaf...well, then again, maybe not. (401K starts to sweat...)

DaveinOlyWA said:
selling the Leaf had to be a tough decision for you. i would EASILY sell my beloved Prius before i would consider selling my Leaf...well, then again, maybe not. (401K starts to sweat...)

At this point, I think I would sell every other car we own. Even my favorite Mini, which is what I was thinking about being buried in instead of a casket!

Glad to see you post that , I have a similar commute to yours though a bit tougher climate here in northern Va

Only a day or 2 from delivery if they can finally round up my car somehow!

Back