Painfull Leaf Lease Option

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

overbergerc

Here's a short lease horror story:

Ordered my 2012 Leaf on April 12, 2012 (red, SV) from the Nissan dealer in my home town. Delivery set for June 11th or so. In the meantime I found an "orphan" white SL about 200 miles west. Called..they told me to come pick it up! 390.00/month +tax. Too far to drive home..even through Chicago. Called my ordered through dealer and asked if they could get a swap for another Nissan with this western dealer. They said sure! Western dealer said NO! but somehow it showed up here in Kalamazoo..pearl white SL..sweet car. I picked it up and signed my contract for 39 months at 411.00/month total cost.

Two weeks later Nissan drops the SL lease price by 89.00/month. I got lots of "too bad, you signed the lease." No luck with dealer, Nissan corporate, or any local attorneys.

Still love the car !!! Some 3600.00 more than I would have paid than I would have had I waited for my ordered car.

Yes, I signed the paper. Could sell it but with gov rebate, etc it would be a mess.

Will be taking it to Michigan's U.P. in July, well away from PEV charging stations, relying on EVSE upgrade and many adapters as well as a homebrewed Easy240. Still debating on a Honda eu2000i. Look for it on Facebook "CopperWireCar" and the Pure Michigan(tm) Twitter site !!!

I see SPX corp has released a portable EVSE upgrade type charging station..900.00+. Twenty Four amps I think, however.

Cheers and happy Memorial Day !!!

Chuck O

Another Michigan LEAF owner!

Not to rub it in, but I got mine just after they dropped the lease rates (Nissan kept delaying my delivery, and now I'm glad they did), but I didn't qualify for tier 0 since my credit history is rather short, but I'm surprised I qualified at all without a co-signer. I'm paying around $325/mo with $2600 down. My calculation was around $300/mo with $3000 down with tier 0, so I wasn't too far off. The fees were more than I expected though. If I recall correctly, they charged me the disposition fee up front, which was rather strange.

Back when they had the pre-May money factor, my plan was to buy out the lease after the first few months with a 1.99% loan from Pentagon Federal Credit Union. That way I can get the tax credit up front -AND- save on lease financing. You might want to look into the same thing since it should save you in the long run. But now that I got the cheaper rate, I'm probably going to sit on the lease all the way to the end and then make the decision whether or not I want to buy it out.

I would look through the terms of the lease that you signed vs. the lease that is offered for $89.00 less. One thing I noticed between the 2011 lease and the 2012 lease was the absence of 3000 miles per year allowance.

Back