Petco Park EVSE

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcesare

I asked my Padres season ticket rep if they will have EVSEs at Petco Park.
He forwarded my question to ballpark operations and here is the response:

"I got a fast response from our Ballpark Operations regarding car chargers: It probably won’t be available this season, but they said they are aware of this and have been researching it, exploring costs, and getting bids."

jcesare said:
I asked my Padres season ticket rep if they will have EVSEs at Petco Park.
He forwarded my question to ballpark operations and here is the response:

"I got a fast response from our Ballpark Operations regarding car chargers: It probably won’t be available this season, but they said they are aware of this and have been researching it, exploring costs, and getting bids."

Getting bids??? Seems like Ecotality should be all over seeking placement at that location even if the ballpark didn't request it. If not at the park itself then certainly nearby. As an alternative, surely there will be EVProject L3 (and L2) at the Old Town Transit Center, from which it's an easy trolley ride to Petco?? Of course here we are nearly to February and apparently no deployment yet even in those obvious locations which you'd think would not have the overhead of dealing with a private sector company. That Blink UL listing delay seems to have really slowed things down, assuming it applied to the pedestal units as well.

Some of this is easier said then done, but agree that Petco or someplace near is a natural fit. Maybe even the parking garage vendors should look at it. We are on the list with Ecotality to put some in at the Oceanside Transit Center. Haven't heard about Old Town yet.

Pardon me if this was covered elsewhere, not many search results for petco charging came up and this seemed the most appropriate.

Last season, the Padres had a Social Media Night, and my wife and I were lucky enough to get tickets. We enjoyed watching batting practice before the game, and watched it from a Western Metal Building suite. We also got to visit with Padres brass. My wife asked Tom Garfinkle (CEO and Prez) about EV charging stations in the parking lots. "Great idea" he said, and tweeted about it as well.

This February my oldest son and I went to the FriarFest event. I was looking at the Blink app to see if there were any new charging options--there was one very close to Petco. It was in the Padres Parkade! E.g., the parking structure, not the tailgate lot.

They have five Blinks right next to the entrance. I tweeted about it, Blink and the Padres retweeted, and they thanked me (I corrected them, it was my Mrs) for the suggestion. Ran into Tom G and thanked him personally, too. He said they were looking into adding more to some of the other lots.

There is no method to reserve them; first come first served. For some games the Parkade sells out (basically sell-out or near sell-out games, like opening day, Giants and Dodgers games, and this year, the Yankees). So plan ahead.

LDog

Back