Phoenix metro-area

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheezmo said:
Do 2 or 3 QC's in one day, you'll see 7, 8, do 4 and you'll see 9 (at least I did).

Yes, I already knew that. I've been QCing since Nov. and since they don't have them close to the freeways/Interstates yet, I haven't had to QC more than once a day. The most I'll need is 3 to travel out of state, and since I'll be going 60-65mph, I doubt if it will go above 7. The reason yours went so high is that you probably went high speed between charges and therefore had to QC much quicker than I will have to. I plan on driving at least 75-80 miles (1-1.5 hours) after a QC.

Mine is usually 6 bars in the morning through mid-day, then I see 7 bars when leaving work in the late afternoon. I've been trying to only charge to 80% since the summer weather started.

kovalb said:
Mine is usually 6 bars in the morning through mid-day, then I see 7 bars when leaving work in the late afternoon. I've been trying to only charge to 80% since the summer weather started.
The battery temp must be about 100F all the time. Is the the temp at night going down to 85F as weather.com is reporting or stay higher?

I'm seeing the same as kovalb...6 on the temp meter when I leave in the morning, and 7 when I drive home, in the middle of the day. I have never seen mine go above 7, but I haven't ever QCed, either. Also, yes it gets down into the 80s at night.

EdmondLeaf said:
kovalb said:
The battery temp must be about 100F all the time. Is the the temp at night going down to 85F as weather.com is reporting or stay higher?

I believe the low temps outside are right around 80F plus or minus. The car is garaged overnight and inside it might hold the heat from the day longer.

kovalb said:
I believe the low temps outside are right around 80F plus or minus. The car is garaged overnight and inside it might hold the heat from the day longer.
To lower battery temp by 9F it took me 5 h of running AC in garage, outside temp was only 80. I want to see if I can get car to temp bar 5 (from 81 to 72F). Running fan does nothing.

EdmondLeaf said:
kovalb said:
To lower battery temp by 9F it took me 5 h of running AC in garage, outside temp was only 80. I want to see if I can get car to temp bar 5 (from 81 to 72F). Running fan does nothing.
I get bar 5 in the winter in AZ temp in 45-50 area.

For any Leaf drivers in the PHX area, Azdre, Leafkabob and myself are meeting at The Roosevelt, downtown, for drinks on Wednesday night at 5:30, and to talk about the battery issues. Bar losers and interested parties welcome.

jspearman said:
For any Leaf drivers in the PHX area, Azdre, Leafkabob and myself are meeting at The Roosevelt, downtown, for drinks on Wednesday night at 5:30, and to talk about the battery issues. Bar losers and interested parties welcome.

Just found this place. Maybe we can make it a mini bar-crawl. :)

http://www.thelostleaf.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:lol: :lol: :lol:

azdre said:
jspearman said:

Just found this place. Maybe we can make it a mini bar-crawl. :)

http://www.thelostleaf.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:lol: :lol: :lol:
wonder if I can join you?

Sorry I didn't think to post here sooner, but was just posting in the lost capacity bar thread. Yes we'll meet at the Roosevelt since the three Blink's are right there. There are other areas we *could* meet, but the parking is at least free at Ecotality.

Be careful if entering the Roosevelt parking lot off of Roosevelt St. the dip at the curb is quite deep so hit it slowly.

RickS said:
Sorry I didn't think to post here sooner, but was just posting in the lost capacity bar thread. Yes we'll meet at the Roosevelt since the three Blink's are right there. There are other areas we *could* meet, but the parking is at least free at Ecotality.

Be careful if entering the Roosevelt parking lot off of Roosevelt St. the dip at the curb is quite deep so hit it slowly.
Rick, is the Roosevelt at 816 N. 3rd Street? I thought Ecotality was on South 2nd Ave. :?

leafkabob said:
RickS said:

Rick, is the Roosevelt at 816 N. 3rd Street? I thought Ecotality was on South 2nd Ave. :?[/quote

That's the other ECOtality wth the QC. This one with 3 L2s is on 2nd St. (805 N 2nd St.).

It's the Ecotality on McKinley:

805 N 2nd St
Phoenix, AZ 85004

The Roosevelt is on 3rd St:

816 North 3rd Street
Phoenix, AZ 85004

The buildings are basically across from each other. It's about a 90 second walk if that if you go in the back entrance.

I stopped by there this morning to make sure all the Blink's were working since it only shows 1 as online and they all do seem to be working just fine.

I think they only have the one listed to dissuade too many people from parking there, since some of the Ecotality people have Leafs. Surprised they don't have more outlets there, but thankful for the ones they have. We use these every time we go to Matt's Big Breakfast, and with the wait at Matt's we always end up with a full charge, ha.

See you tomororow. Again, all are welcome who want to talk about the battery issue.

This site actually has three Blink's and a 120V outlet under neath each. Since others will need the charger to get home I will likely just plug in to a 120V.

There are 4 Blink chargers at library E Willetta & N Cenral, Can't located those on 805 N 2nd St. 3 Blink on 816 North 3rd St. not used after/around 5pm, 2 used now. Location @ Library very unfortunate in full sun, but I guss to let one take advanatage of Leaf solar panel.

Hey guys, FYI the DC Fast charger at Bell Ford is on the fritz and Ecotality knows about it. I tried using it a few days ago and when I got there the big TV was out, but the small screens were lit up. I was able to get my card verified and established communication with the vehicle and it appeared to start charging, but tripped the main circuit breaker.

Don't expect to be able to use it for at least a few days, maybe longer.

I used it all last week. The monitor was out but was able to use the right side charge cord. IS that the one you use or did you use the left side?

Back