Phoenix metro-area

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today was the hottest day of the year so far. I usually don't drive my Leaf in the heat of the day, but duty called. I'm also part of that 1 bar capacity loss exclusive club.

Photo%20Aug%2008%2C%204%2057%2001%20PM.jpg

Heres a url of the image if the image doesn't work: http://db.tt/ntoybDGl

I love my Leaf though. It's just these occasional mid day romps in 118 degree weather that make me worried about the battery. I wasn't driving more more than an hour, and I started with 7 bars temp after a bit of L2 charging in the garage.

diovi said:
Today was the hottest day of the year so far. I usually don't drive my Leaf in the heat of the day, but duty called. I'm also part of that 1 bar capacity loss exclusive club.

I love my Leaf though. It's just these occasional mid day romps in 118 degree weather that make me worried about the battery. I wasn't driving more more than an hour, and I started with 7 bars temp after a bit of L2 charging in the garage.

Diovi, I'd like to add your car to the 1 Bar Lost wiki table, but I need to see if you can provide us with some additional information about your car:

1. Date of bar loss
2. Mileage at bar loss
3. Months owned at loss
4. Mfg date (metal plate inside driver's door)
5. Date reported to Nissan
6. Nissan Case #

Hey AZ folks! If you're on the Bar(s) Lost List(s) in the Wiki, we need the Manufacture date of your car. Look for the metal plate inside the driver side door frame and get that date. You can either PM it to me and I'll update the Wiki or you can update the Wiki yourself if you feel so inclined. :) But the date is important for comparison purposes, so c'mon..... let's get it! :mrgreen:

vrwl said:
diovi said:

Diovi, I'd like to add your car to the 1 Bar Lost wiki table, but I need to see if you can provide us with some additional information about your car:

1. Date of bar loss
2. Mileage at bar loss
3. Months owned at loss
6. Nissan Case #

1. Date of bar loss: 07/29/12
2. Mileage at bar loss: 12296
3. Months owned at loss: 8 months
4. Mfg date: 10/11 (i.e. October 2011. Doesn't show the day)
5. Date reported to Nissan: 07/30/12
6. Nissan Case # 9078608

turbo2ltr said:
OMG, how the hell did you get the battery temp so high???

I've never seen more than 7 bars.

Drove North on the 101 from Tempe (uphill the whole way). I was lead footing it though, cuz I was running late. I've seen 9 bars only once before: about a month ago when I quick charged it in the afternoon. But it was 118 outside yesterday, and that awful pavement was probably microwaving my battery. There's a reason you see so many exploded tires during the summer on Phoenix freeways, and almost none in the winter.

I've booked it on the 101 in cooler weather and can't recall seeing more than 6 or 7 bars from it. For the past 2 weeks, 7 bars has been my starting point, and it usually stays there. Before that, 6 bars was my starting point and it would go up to 7 while driving around.

diovi said:
vrwl said:
diovi said:

1. Date of bar loss
2. Mileage at bar loss
3. Months owned at loss
6. Nissan Case #

1. Date of bar loss: 07/29/12
2. Mileage at bar loss: 12296
3. Months owned at loss: 8 months
4. Mfg date: 10/11 (i.e. October 2011. Doesn't show the day)
5. Date reported to Nissan: 07/30/12
6. Nissan Case # 9078608

Thanks diovi, I've got it all added to the Wiki.

There's a new DC Quick Charger near Elliot Rd and the 101, west side of 101. Showed up on the Blink website, tried it out and it works well. Also has two L2 chargers, with spots marked 'EV Only'. Turn south on South River Parkway, then the first left. The chargers are in the PADT company parking lot, near their front entrance.

The chargers are underneath shade trees - nice location.

phxsmiley said:
There's a new DC Quick Charger near Elliot Rd and the 202, west side of 202. Showed up on the Blink website, tried it out and it works well. Also has two L2 chargers, with spots marked 'EV Only'. Turn south on South River Parkway, then the first left. The chargers are in the PADT company parking lot, near their front entrance.

Thanks phxsmiley! I know you meant to write 'the 101' instead of the 202. That's the closest one to me now! I'll miss the popcorn at Riverview! ;)
Btw, the Riverview one is down now...both sides.

Gonewild said:
I started with 7 bars today and fast charged and my display never changed, still 7 bars.

When I start with 7 TBs in over 100F heat, then QC to 100%, it goes to 9! If I start with 6, it goes to 8.

phxsmiley said:
There's a new DC Quick Charger near Elliot Rd and the 101, west side of 101. Showed up on the Blink website, tried it out and it works well. Also has two L2 chargers, with spots marked 'EV Only'. Turn south on South River Parkway, then the first left. The chargers are in the PADT company parking lot, near their front entrance.

Fixed the post - at the 101! Thanks, Leaffan

When I apparently tripped Bell Ford's breaker I was using the right side handle. I went back today and it is back up and running.

Nice on the new DCFC off the 101, it's about as close to my girlfriends house as Riverview is, how convenient.

phxsmiley said:

I tried this QC station today. Left the house around 5pm with 6 temperature bars. It got up to 7 bars when I got there. Charged to 90% and it was still 7 bars after the charge. Went on my errands afterward and it quickly got up to 8 bars and stayed at 8 the whole way home. It was pretty hot today (around 110F) as you all know.

If you turn south on S River Parkway from Elliott and make your first left, it's actually going to be a U turn to go back toward Elliot for a little bit before turning right into PADT.

Volusiano said:
If you turn south on S River Parkway from Elliott and make your first left, it's actually going to be a U turn to go back toward Elliot for a little bit before turning right into PADT.

That's only if you are coming from the E heading W. Then just follow the road until you see 'Research DR' and make a left (not the the first left). PADT is the second entrance on the right. Right now, the QC is 24/7 which out of four, it's the only one that is 24/7. Also, PADT is the company that made/makes the Blink QCs and Blink L2s for ECOtality.

LEAFfan said:
Right now, the QC is 24/7 which out of four, it's the only one that is 24/7. Also, PADT is the company that made/makes the Blink QCs and Blink L2s for ECOtality.
Ah, I was wondering why a company that's not a dealership would have an L3 station, so now it makes sense!

Back