Pictures

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

apvbguy

I hope this is the proper place for these, here is a pic of my brand spanking new 2013 SV

20130410_221932_zpsdc795fc6.jpg

20130410_222036_zps72441e40.jpg

Geraldk said:
EVDRIVER said:
You forgot to block the plate on the wall.
That was funny.

I have never understood why you block out the plate? Anyone know?

What are those cards on the wall?

because plates can be used to look up IDs addresses and the like it is a privacy thing. as for the "cards"
maybe we can make it into a contest :lol:

apvbguy said:
Geraldk said:
EVDRIVER said:
You forgot to block the plate on the wall.
That was funny.

I have never understood why you block out the plate? Anyone know?

What are those cards on the wall?

because plates can be used to look up IDs addresses and the like it is a privacy thing. as for the "cards"
maybe we can make it into a contest :lol:

Okay I'll go first. Singers? Maybe like bubble gum trading cards of '80s rock bands.

I think that might be a myth about plates as I see plates on the streets everyday. And unless you know a crooked DMV employee how would you look up a random persons plate? BTW- I am not challenging anyone to find me. :) It would not be very hard though. If you google my name you can find out where I am in about three minutes.

I was also going to comment on the plate on the wall.

I love how everyone comments on everything in the garage, and nothing about the car itself.

As for this being the "right" place to post, there is actually a dedicated forum just for Pics & Videos, but the Newbie forum seems to be the "anything goes" area, so it's fine.

Very nice. Do you have the 6.6 kW charger? One question I've had is how many miles can you put on per hour of charging at L1 (110V)? It's about 5-6 on my 2012 with the 3.3 kW charger. Perhaps when you're 50 or so miles down on the GOM, you could time how long it takes to add them back.

I've never understood the blocking of plates either.. I mean, you are going to login to a public forum, post a picture of your stuff, and somehow you are worried about the privacy of somebody looking up your license plate number. It seems ironic to me. I'm just not worried about it. Anytime I post a picture of video of my car, I leave the plate there. I mean, everybody sees the plate going down the road. What is the difference?

adric22 said:
I've never understood the blocking of plates either.. I mean, everybody sees the plate going down the road. What is the difference?
Really.

Or parked in parking lots, whatever.

Maybe if you're Justin Beiber you worry about it, but everyone knows where he lives anyway. Well OK, I don't, but everyone else does :lol:

I think that blocking the plate when posting is a good habit. At least here in Norway, where you can sms the plate number to a service number and receive information about the owner. That way it would take me about 15 seconds to get the address of the owner of the surfboard, cooling fan and the mentioned cards. I sometimes do this when I see a new EV in my area to find out if I perhaps know the owner.

Not sure if you have that service in other countries, but better safe than sorry, right?

rumpole said:
Very nice. Do you have the 6.6 kW charger? One question I've had is how many miles can you put on per hour of charging at L1 (110V)? It's about 5-6 on my 2012 with the 3.3 kW charger. Perhaps when you're 50 or so miles down on the GOM, you could time how long it takes to add them back.
I can't answer the charging question because I just got it, It was not fully charged on delivery, it had about 72 miles showing on the GOM and I drove it about 30 miles on a shake down ride and plugged it in at 11pm when I woke up it was charged. and yes it has the 6.6 charger

cra said:
I think that blocking the plate when posting is a good habit. At least here in Norway, where you can sms the plate number to a service number and receive information about the owner. That way it would take me about 15 seconds to get the address of the owner of the surfboard, cooling fan and the mentioned cards. I sometimes do this when I see a new EV in my area to find out if I perhaps know the owner.

Not sure if you have that service in other countries, but better safe than sorry, right?
You and I agree, too much info can be acquired via a plate, and while anyone can copy your plate while driving, posting it on a forum like this is like serving the info up. in the whole scheme of things covering up or leaving it exposed really shouldn't make much of a difference and way too much efforts are going into discussing it.

apvbguy said:
the whole scheme of things covering up or leaving it exposed really shouldn't make much of a difference
If you were really concerned about security, instead of covering the number, you should photoshop in a different number, so thieves who are jonesing for that fan or homer bucket are thrown off the trail.

rumpole said:
One question I've had is how many miles can you put on per hour of charging at L1 (110V)?

I find it's better to think of it in terms of how much battery capacity you can add. The miles depend greatly upon how you decide to USE that capacity. :) For L1, you're adding about 5% capacity per hour.

BTW, USA standard is 120V.

If you were really concerned about security, instead of covering the number, you should photoshop in a different number, so thieves who are jonesing for that fan or homer bucket are thrown off the trail.[/quote]
+1 that's funny.
I can maybe understand it with a celebrity. However, if you spot a celebrity on the street drive jot down plate number and then what? Use a service like mention above and get their address? Seems like a lot of work.

Congrats on the new Leaf! Your going to love it. I have done one mod so far. In CA you need front plates. Here is a picture. Oh and I guess my plate! Don't look it up!!
http://www.wholesalemagic.com/product_images/i/749/IMG_3632__08115_zoom.JPG" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Geraldk said:
If you were really concerned about security, instead of covering the number, you should photoshop in a different number, so thieves who are jonesing for that fan or homer bucket are thrown off the trail.
+1 that's funny.
I can maybe understand it with a celebrity. However, if you spot a celebrity on the street drive jot down plate number and then what? Use a service like mention above and get their address? Seems like a lot of work.

Congrats on the new Leaf! Your going to love it. I have done one mod so far. In CA you need front plates. Here is a picture. Oh and I guess my plate! Don't look it up!!
http://www.wholesalemagic.com/product_images/i/749/IMG_3632__08115_zoom.JPG" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;[/quote]
nice mod, that wouldn't fly here in some eastern states

One reason I can see why somebody would want to black out their plate on this forum is so they can keep their real name dis-associated with the poster name they use on the forum. Isn't that why posters are allowed to use alias poster names on forums instead of real names?

Of course your plate is exposed driving down the street, but nobody can make an association from your plate exposed on the street back to your poster name on this forum, unless it's exposed on the forum itself.

Back