Plug-in hybrids make recharging structure useless to EVs?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lkkms2 said:
I decided that next time I'd ask (the plug-in-hybrid owner) if their battery was low and (if) I did not really need to plug in, then I would let them charge.

Its about sharing and about priorities.

That is precisely the attitude that is needed, instead of being gluttonous. While I don't have an onboard generator, I also don't usually need to charge while on a shopping trip. It still irritates me to see people parking their ICE vehicles in EV charge spaces because they are too lazy to walk a block or two. Even though I don't need a charge at the time, someone else might. It's like going to a gas station and parking in front of the pump for a few hours... extremely rude.

I agree when charging is no longer free this issue will go away.
Most leaf owners don't have to charge and the PIP and Volt drivers never have to.

Paying a rate to charge that is more than home charging will make people decide if they really want to charge in public and free up the chargers.

there are only a handful of places around here that have only one charging station. here we have a few pairs, bunches of "3 packs" and even a 12 pack downtown. so, if there is only one charge station, i will not "camp out" which means charging there to go to another business or charging there when i dont need a charge. i also park far enough over to where another vehicle can get close enough to charge (if possible)

now, i used to plug in no matter what because there were so few Leafs around but now i am seeing at least a half dozen ones on the street and they are definitely all different vehicles. half have temp plates still on them!

Back